• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Accusations and Doomsaying

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YamiNoSenshi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:38 am Reply with quote
According to the Double-Fine blog that Schafer does, Brutal Legends is fine. If you go to http://www.doublefine.com/news.php , you will see a lovely picture of a weevil that was in his cereal. BUT! If you mouse over it, the alt text says that Brutal Legend is fine.

I hope he's right.

Last edited by YamiNoSenshi on Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:45 am Reply with quote
Quote:
WII FAILS TO ESCAPE HARUHI SUZUMIYA DANCE

Will this have more than two minutes of original gameplay? I think this sort of concept would be best in the arcades.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BRD529

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:40 am Reply with quote
"...after the relatively disappointing Valkyrie Profile 2"

Huh, say what now? Disappointing? Did we play the same game? My copy kicked unnecessary amounts of hindquarters. Maybe you were playing something else...
ohstalon06

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:57 am Reply with quote
RedTigerWolf wrote:
I haven't gotten any of the previous Naruto games for a few reasons, game play is usually flawed, animation is sub-par, and any of the English releases seem to only have the English audio.

Actually, Rise of Ninja has a free download off of Xbox Live for Japanese audio, and Ultimate Ninja 3 for PS2 does have a dual audio option.

In either case, I'm looking forward to the new 360 Naruto game since the first one was actually a lot of fun.

But getting off of that, I really do hope that Brutal Legend gets out of this publisher purgatory, and that if its a critical success that people will actually go out AND BUY the damn thing unlike with Psychonauts.
Brand

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:07 am Reply with quote
NANASHI NO GAME looks so awesome, I want to check that out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
evilnekohilda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:54 am Reply with quote
Sorry for the nit-pick, but:

You spelled Mikuru's name as "Miruku", just FYI :)

EDIT: And Nanashi no Game is a definite do want~ I hope it comes over here :)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Veoryn87

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:59 am Reply with quote
I actually enjoyed Rise of a Ninja. It was a fun game with good cel-shaded graphics. It was WAY too short though. Worth renting, but not buying.
Eos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:11 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Ataru: Most games are better on the PS1 than PS2. If the latter system didn't have a DVD add-on, Car-Jacking to the Best of the 80s, and Final Fantasy Disney, it'd have probably suffered the same fate as the PSP and PS3.

I think both are still too new to assign them a "fate," esp. the PS3, it's less than two years old.

I could love the DS Rhythm Tengoku to come over. I played the gameboy version, it's full of so many catchy midi tunes and wacky stuff.
The Haruhi game doesn't strike me as a concept that can support an entire game, a download would be better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Bleu: Yep. And again, the PS2 only survived launch week, because of the DVD player. The DC would have otherwise kicked its butt.
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:24 pm Reply with quote
As a fan of the first VP, I'm quite disappointed that the latest game will once again be focusing on another human instead of a valkyrie -I was hoping that Hrist will get her own game, or that Silmeria will star in another game in which she's the real heroine.

I think I'll read some reviews first before deciding whether to buy the game.
LightYagami

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:33 pm Reply with quote
In regards to the Quest 64 reference at the end of the article, I personally felt that the game would have been better received if they allowed the player to save an UNLIMITED number of times, which would have made the game much more tolerable. But that is one of its many flaws.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Huh, so Hrist isn't the central valk? How dumb, I know we all want a Hrist-centered game now that Lenneth and Silmeria each got their turns in the spotlight (although I wouldn't say spotlight so much for Silmeria).

Wow, that pic of Makoto looks very funny, never seen her make that expression before, much less seen her drinking something. Anime hyper
Apterous

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Hey, don't knock Quest 64... its like the only RPG that I played on the N64 before I broke and got a PSX.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:39 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Bleu: Yep. And again, the PS2 only survived launch week, because of the DVD player. The DC would have otherwise kicked its butt.

Then you, my friend, must have the exact opposite taste in games that I do. I think PS2 is the best system I have ever owned with the largest and most diverse library of games. It hit the market at just the right time (as opposed to the Dreamcast being released a year or two too early), introduced backwards compatibility, which we all take for granted now, and had all of the third-party support that Sega, Microsoft, and Nintendo lacked.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:59 pm Reply with quote
"Bumpy trot" just sounds like some sort of horrible 19th century illness that attacks the bowels. I can see the Ken Burns documentary now:

July 30th, 1863:

Dearest Martha,

This terrible civil war seems like it will never end. Last night five of the men died of bumpy trot. But at least they didn't have to put up with the smell they left behind. Or the....mopping.

Love,

Pvt. Residence
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3