• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Final Fantasy VII's Fan Remake Demonstrated in Video

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sainta

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:29 pm Reply with quote
GrdAdmiral wrote:
TitanXL wrote:
The real crime is lack of jiggle physics on Tifa. Breasts don't work that way.

*Two Thumbs Up!* to above quote.

I'd say that while it was a valiant effort, it just doesn't draw the same reaction as the original Final Fantasy VII. Using an Unreal Engine is a bit dated, especially with the Unreal 2 Engine. The first person perspective is unusual, and personal preference would prefer a third person view.

Having the story changed is weird, as Tifa was not in the opening sequence. No animation to the combat scenes, but the music is at least on par.

Honestly, I was spoiled by the E-3 Tech Demo Square did for the PS3. That is kinda what I expect for a remake.

Weren't those designs based on Dissidia Final Fantasy 012? In that game Cloud, Tifa and Sephiroth were the only ones from FFVII cast, so it makes sense why they didn't put Barret.
Dagon123

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Rubius01 wrote:
It just boggles the mind why Square won't remake this. Yeah, this was a crappy remake, but it shows the desire and demand is out there. Who here wouldn't pay $60 for a HD remake? Its easy money for Square. I just don't think that Square knows what they are doing anymore.

You answered your own question, lol

Its simple, they KNOW a remake would be a cash cow, so why make it now? Why not wait until they've completely and utterly ruined their name to the point even the fanboys (and I hate using that term, but no other word attests to their ignorance, I mean look at half the people in this thread, lol) would cringe at saying the word Square, then make the remake and be saved, Simple Business.

Charred Knight wrote:
...I also have to question why would you use a FPS engine in an RPG game it just looks bad...

Please Educate yourself before you add to the hate flames, its a game ENGINE, with the right coders, you can make any game on any engine, just because its the boss hog of FPS engines, doesn't mean it can't shine as an RPG Engine ALA Lost Odyssey
sonryu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:12 am Reply with quote
I give these guys credit for the effort they put into making this, but I'd definitely prefer Square-Enix make a true HD remake of FFVII themselves. And yes, I'd pay almost any amount for it lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
harrison559

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:04 am Reply with quote
this looks awesome cant wait to see it when it is finally released. Would tots buy it (:
AnimeGuy1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:03 pm Reply with quote
lol BOOBS! This looks pretty good for fan made, I'd like to see what a pro developer like square could do with this.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Dagon123 wrote:

Charred Knight wrote:
...I also have to question why would you use a FPS engine in an RPG game it just looks bad...

Please Educate yourself before you add to the hate flames, its a game ENGINE, with the right coders, you can make any game on any engine, just because its the boss hog of FPS engines, doesn't mean it can't shine as an RPG Engine ALA Lost Odyssey

The key word is right coders, this is a fan project and it shows.
justafanime

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:53 pm Reply with quote
good effort, good try, very good dedication.

i know how they feel.

BUT. i think I'll stick with the one i am replaying for the god knows how many times.

until then, i wait for the REAL deal.

Yea. Everyone knows that SE going to remake this milk cow.
It just matter of how despite are they needed money. and i don't think anytime soon.
I think is a good thing though, because i don't want to play a crappy game that they spend no time remaking it because they just needed some cash.
Lightning Leo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Hey now, it's hard to make stuff like this without tons of money, teams of experienced veterans, an environment where such skills can easily be acquired, and access to state-of-the-art proprietary software. It was an honestly good effort considering it was made by amateurs in another country, not nearly as good as the fan-made Chrono Resurrection, but then that had input from some seasoned industry veterans.

As for whether Square-Enix should remake FF7... I'd personally prefer that they didn't. They'd likely ditch the awesome old-school 90's anime-styling from the original for the irritating J-rocker hipster looks from Advent Children. If they stayed faithful to the spirit of the original's aesthetic and improved on the overall gameplay mechanics, I'd be interested... but in this superficial and decadent age (overdramatic emphasis included), I doubt they would. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2