• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Broken Blade

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Echo_City

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:03 am Reply with quote
Quote:
For all of the wonton destruction which goes on during them, mecha battles have rarely felt as violent or brutal as they do here, and at times these can get quite graphic.
I didn't see any wontons being destroyed in these movies Rolling Eyes Cool

I was also surprised that they cast Greg as the main character (Rygart). After seeing depictions of the main character I honestly expected Vic. Greg still works well IMO as his vocal performance matches the overly emotional and weak personality of the main character. BTW, the review describes Rygart and a few other characters as having "Aryan" appearances. I didn't know that was acceptable. Shocked Laughing On a different note, I'm half-convinced that the reason Greg Ayres draws so much flak from the online anime community is because he admits that he used to hate dubs, and now embraces and helps create them. The sub-purists don't take "perfidy" lightly lol.

On a slightly technical note, I believe that the review could stand to elaborate more on the plot. Sure, it wasn't the most original plot around, but there were 3 countries involved (technically) from the first episode and the review never mentions Orlando. Omitting Orlando (the 3rd country) makes the review also omit the public pretense for the Athenian invasion of Krisna. The public pretense, attacking Krisna because Athens felt that it was helping Orlando's military endeavors, is important as it is what is used to convince Zess to seemingly betray his principles and lead his strike force against the Krisna capital.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2