• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Puella Magi Madoka Magica Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:55 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Why Crunchyroll couldn't do this 57 weeks or so ago I have no idea.

But if it helps get more people into the PMMM fandom then I suppose it's all good. Better late than never.

I feel the same way however it would seem that most didn't expect pmmm to be the series it is. After C.R. does have all of shugo chara, pretty cure season one other magical girl shows so they thought it was going to be more of the same.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
504NOSON2
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see people getting the chance to see why I stick with my initial sentiment, just with a couple of alterations.

I wish I would have waited and not spent that money, man. To me, it wasn't worth it.

Anyway, good job, CR.
supercreep

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:28 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Gotta feel sorry for every poor sap who bought the LEs. I actually bought the first bare-bones disc, but I was wary of paying for the rest.

Don't feel sorry for me. I got a very nice edition of an excellent series. And the soundtrack!

I'm a happy camper.
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:34 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Gotta feel sorry for every poor sap who bought the LEs. I actually bought the first bare-bones disc, but I was wary of paying for the rest.

Considering it comes with the OSTs, I would have paid double what I paid for the LEs.

It's really rare these days that OSTs are released in R1, especially OSTs that I enjoy, not to mention from my all-time favorite composer.
That's one of the things I miss most about the departure of Geneon.
wyntre_rose

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:38 pm Reply with quote
supercreep wrote:
GATSU wrote:

Don't feel sorry for me. I got a very nice edition of an excellent series. And the soundtrack!

I'm a happy camper.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I'm very happy with my purchase, and I'll keep buying the LEs. Heck, I was going to get the bare bones edition myself, until I watched it fansubbed. The soundtrack got me. I wanted it SOOO badly. And since the LEs are pretty much the only way to get that legally...to me, it's totally worth it. I'm happy for everyone else that wanted to see it legally before purchasing it, though! Go Crunchyroll!!
Xanas

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:40 pm Reply with quote
supercreep wrote:

I'm a happy camper.

I agree for the most part. I don't like the price as much as I would if it were 25 less but it wasn't that terrible considering we got a dub and more extras than are included by anyone but NISA right now.
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:41 pm Reply with quote
supercreep wrote:

I'm a happy camper.

And I'm a very happy camper. Or, I will be when my set actually arrives (takes a while to ship to New Zealand). I would have gladly paid double for the LEs anyway, so I have no issue with this late streaming announcement.

504NOSON2 wrote:
Glad to see people getting the chance to see why I stick with my initial sentiment, just with a couple of alterations.

Yeah, the alterations being you were completely wrong about the series and made yourself [do not directly attack other users]. I can see why you didn't elaborate on that.

The show doesn't take three episodes to get good. It starts off strong, gets very strong and then blows the mind when 'that' happens. And the great thing? The show gets even better from there on out. It takes the ashes of your mind then blows those up, then scatters the dust to the wind. Then it holds a funeral service for your dearly departed soul, which itself mourns the fact that you won't see another show this good for several years, maybe even an entire decade.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:42 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

Why? Those that put the money down for the LE's got what they wanted. Crunchyroll is for the streamers, and the LE's are for the collectors. Everybody should be happy.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:48 pm Reply with quote
My verbal response on seeing the headline for this article:

Hell yeah!

This fell into the "Wish I would happen, but didn't expect it would" category.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:51 pm Reply with quote
I dont see why they are doing this so close to the DVD release....
silencer226

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:59 pm Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:
I don't see why they are doing this so close to the DVD release....

People on the fence, need to check out a few eps to see if they'll enjoy it before putting down the money.

Guy: Hmm, I've heard a lot about this show, I'll check it out.

Guy after watching some episodes: You know I really like this series and would like to own it on dvd and or bluray.

Aniplex: *profit high five*

Or, it could be the opposite.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:00 am Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:

Maybe to get the people who haven't seen the show to preview it and buy it? Makes sense. People watch it, they like it, and buy it while it's fresh in their minds and they're excited about it. They already got the fansub fans. Now they can get the legal streaming fans.
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:00 am Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:

It's to advertise the DVDs.

Anyways, I was shocked when I saw this. It does make for good advertising though and if there are already fansubs on the internet, then why not?
Animerican14

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:05 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

As others have said-- there's no need to feel "sorry" for me. It's not like its HD for non-subscribers, and they're (naturally, I suppose) not showing the dub. And plus, you know... them physical goodies.

Still, this great news for those that have held off on buying the series (blind or not) and aren't busy at the broadcast time (as these *will* only be broadcasted, right? As in, you can't view the episode again after the the premiere showing, right?)

...On another note, I feel that I really need to find and listen to the seiyuu/staff commentary tracks of the BD episodes somewhere, sometime soon. ('Cause there are tracks for every single episode!) Too bad those were never included with the BD/DVD release here...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:06 am Reply with quote
dtm:
Quote:
Why Crunchyroll couldn't do this 57 weeks or so ago I have no idea.

Because Aniplex wanted it that way, so that you'd at least pay for the first volume. It was shady as hell.

As for why those LEs are a bad deal now, you're basically overpaying for a show which you can currently watch for free. It's a con, much like how they said there was no other way they'd release Garden of Sinners, other than those boxes, and then started streaming it a few months later. And from what I heard, those Madoka LEs aren't even that special. As for the CDs, well a lot of the MP3s can be purchased off Amazon. The more you know.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10