• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Higehiro

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:58 am Reply with quote
Piglet the Grate wrote:
Did one of us miss something? The final episode ends with Yoshida seeing Sayu sitting under the same street light as when he first met her two (assuming two years if she was in her second year of high school when leaving home and having to repeat that year) before.

True but there was still no room in the story for the side characters between the trip to Hokkaido and the remaining 15 minutes after Yoshida arrives home.

@Gina Szanboti

Yes, I think KoiKimo is the "too creepy series" because the story was literally "Harass and stalk a virgin high schooler until she finally gives into your advances."

Even for me who really likes age-gap shoujo love, that is incredibly tasteless.

Where are you getting "actual rape" from? I'm saying if Yoshida had gotten drunk enough or was not fully awake when Sayu makes her moves, something could have happened. Some of his friends were just teasing him about it anyway...especially Gotou because Yoshida gets all defensive about it and she thinks that's funny.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:15 am Reply with quote
Sex with people, male or female, who are too drunk or too asleep to consent is rape.

It's also a bit disingenuous of you to suddenly frame this as being actions that Sayu would've taken, when your original comment was in context of and in reply to a comment about Yoshida being the expected actor.

As for your comments on Koikimo, I know you've got your opinion set in stone, so there's no point in arguing with you about it. However, for those who haven't seen it, no, that's not what happened in that series. That's all I have to say on that here, since this is a thread about Higehiro.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:58 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
It's also a bit disingenuous of you to suddenly frame this as being actions that Sayu would've taken, when your original comment was in context of and in reply to a comment about Yoshida being the expected actor.

Yoshida would still be blamed for it "because Sayu is a young girl". That's how it works in these situations.

Quote:
As for your comments on Koikimo, I know you've got your opinion set in stone, so there's no point in arguing with you about it. However, for those who haven't seen it, no, that's not what happened in that series.

That's....exactly what happened in that series. Ryo bothered Ichika until she gave in. Oh sure, the manga-ka tried to pull some BS with spoiler[Ryo suddenly has a conscience and pushes the girl away to cause some drama (joke writing)...but he still wins her over by the end so that doesn't matter.] But it's the most blatant example of 'grooming' I've seen in anime. The ANN reviewers hated it so much that nobody decided to continue watching it to review it...at least, not yet. I don't blame them. I'm not really sure why I watched the whole show either. Wait, I do. I liked the side characters and felt bad for them.

Last edited by Chiibi on Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 11 of 11