• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Fall 2008 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kizzmequik_74

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:12 am Reply with quote
Carlo's review for Skip Beat! hit the nail head-on: most (sensible) viewers would be convinced to start running minutes into the first episode, since it's full of cliches that would elicit instant groans to long-time anime viewers on either side of the demographic divide. BUT, if you make it past the worst bits (effective visual humor helped: spoiler[the drowning gag right at the start was particularly enjoyable]), the episode starts to shine. Unfortunately, by then, it's all over. Evil, evil episode planning there. Then again, admittedly, I'm hooked. Laughing
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:58 pm Reply with quote
So, it's over now?

Damn it, and I wanted to see what people thought of One Outs... But no english fansubber in existence seems to give a damn about that show. Same with Inazuma Eleven...
Rove

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:04 am Reply with quote
About Casey's review of Michiko and Hatchin:

Quote:
Should the title of this show be written, “Michiko to Hatchin,” “Michiko and Hatchin,” or “Michiko e Hatchin”…? The anime makes official use of the first and third, which are Japanese and Spanish, respectively. Waitaminute. Japanese and…Spanish?!

Actually that's Japanese and Portuguese, if it had been Spanish it would have been called Michiko y Hatchin. Now I'm not expecting everyone to know this, but the show has been giving pretty strong vibes that it takes place somewhere in Brazil, as an example check these two screenshots: 1 and 2. Hell if you still need more proof just check the official site in the supporter page and the background page.
sunflower

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:18 pm Reply with quote
I finally watched Moryo no Hako, and wonder if people were watching what I did. Oh it's told beautifully, and I agree with the ratings. It's the descriptions of the content I disagree with. It's about as creepy a story as I've seen. Friendship? Tragedy? Yuri? Beautiful innocence? Maybe on the part of the victim. Didn't anyone get what happened? That relationship was incredibly disturbing, and it's the solution to the mystery of the series.
teekay

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Here are the results of my reviews compilation (you can find more detailed information here):

1. Mōryō no Hako - 9.25
2. Kurozuka - 9.00
3. Kuroshitsuji - 8.00
4. Toradora! - 7.88
5. Nodame Cantabile: Paris - 7.50
5. Shikabane-hime: Aka - 7.50
5. Vampire Knight Guilty - 7.50
8. To Aru Majutsu no Index - 7.13
9. Michiko to Hatchin - 7.00
10. Casshern Sins - 6.86
11. Kannagi - 6.60
12. Ga-Rei -Zero- - 6.50
12. Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Season 2 - 6.50
12. Skip Beat! - 6.50
15. Chaos;HEAd - 6.00
15. Kemeko Deluxe! - 6.00
17. Clannad After Story - 5.75
17. ef – a tale of melodies. - 5.75
19. Yozakura Quartet - 5.50
20. Tales of the Abyss - 5.40
21. Earl and Fairy - 5.25
22. Rosario + Vampire Capu2 - 5.10
23. Hyakko - 5.06
24. Linebarrels of Iron - 4.94
25. Hokuto no Ken Raoh Gaiden - 4.80
26. Kyo no Go no Ni - 4.50
27. Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka - 4.00
27. Tytania - 4.00
29. Macademi Wasshoi! - 2.75
30. Bihada Ichizoku - 2.67
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 16 of 16