• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guildmaster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:31 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
So many new males! Hello guys! How about we make a sausage barbecue?

Not knowing your gender, i'm staying away from that remark.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:13 pm Reply with quote
savarast wrote:
Name: Savarast, always Savarast. Ever saw that name online before? it was, almost without fail, me.
Religion: Agnostic Atheist (strong atheist)

Since you quoted Epicurus it's apparent you feel strongly about the subject but I'd like to inform you that agnostic atheist =/= strong atheist. Hey maybe you lift weights and you're referring to your actual strength but a common moniker for agnostic atheism is weak atheism.
Nevertheless, I feel it's better to put "none" under religion rather than atheist.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:37 am Reply with quote
guildmaster wrote:
egoist wrote:

But I like sausages. Wink

Uh oh I'm starving now.
Gillis19

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:15 am Reply with quote
Name: Jake

Sex: Male

Blood Type: should look into this...

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: Irish and Scottish

Religion: Agnostic, Went to a Catholic High school

Pets: Two Cats, My cat is an orange tabby, he's pretty big. My moms cat is 8 months old i think mix of colors mostly grey.

Drink/Smoke: Drinks when goes out. do not smoke

Likes: Working Out, Random internet content, Hunting, Fishing and Cooking.

Dislikes: Big Rats.

Favorite anime: Full Metal Alchemist+Brotherhood, Code Geass, Campione!, Digimon Tamers, OHSHC, Sword Art Online, Sankarea.

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Only read the Sankarea Manga. Reading Sword Art Online light novels.

Favorite Books: Enders Game, Hunger Games, Cryptid Hunters, Crabbe, To kill a mocking bird, Broken Empire Series.

Favorite game: All Halo, Ratchet and Clank 2,3, Pokemon Ruby, Metroid Zero mission,Fusion, SSX Tricky,Deadly Descents, Skyrim, GW1 and Fable 1.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Lost, Game of Thrones, Saving Private Ryan, Tron Legacy, Summer Wars, Princess Mononoke, Porco Rosso, Whisper of the Heart, Jurassic park 1,3, Dark knight and the Dollars Trilogy

Favorite Drink: Jack n Coke

Non-Alcoholic Drink: 7up, OJ, Green tea.

Favorite Foods: Tim Hortins, Most potato products, Steak, fish, Bread, BBQ anything, Gummy Worms and Jolly Ranchers.

Favorite Sites: Youtube, Twitter, Twitch, ANN, TGWTG and Rooster Teeth.

Favorite Sport (to watch): Hockey, Football and Rugby.

Favorite Sport (to play): Rugby and any other Gym sorts/games.

Favorite Music: Listen to just about anything. Cant stand new country and my favorite artist is probably Kid Cudi.

Job: Part time. Career i'm aiming for is Welding and Fabrication technician.

Hobbies: Games, anime, Fishing, Hunting and Sitting in my room.

Fun facts about Jake:
I'm a Ginger.
Like to be alone and I still think im not antisocial.
Broken bones 4 times and all are on my left side.
I love Katy Perry.
Love dinosaurs

Favorite Quotes: Don't remember where most of my favorite quotes come from so cant quote them properly and would probably butcher them.
guildmaster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:38 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
guildmaster wrote:
egoist wrote:

But I like sausages. Wink

Uh oh I'm starving now.

Then come on over here to camp arifjail,, it's 85% men. Sad

They actually took (real) sausage out of the main dining facility here. They took out all the pork, so no more ham, bacon or sausage. Evil or Very Mad
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:55 pm Reply with quote
guildmaster wrote:
They actually took (real) sausage out of the main dining facility here. They took out all the pork, so no more ham, bacon or sausage. Evil or Very Mad

Does that mean no more bacon ice cream? Now that's just cruel.
guildmaster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:33 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
guildmaster wrote:

Does that mean no more bacon ice cream? Now that's just cruel.

I don't think I've seen that particular flavor. Smile I'll write in a suggestion card, but i can't guarantee they won't laugh in my face.

But they might have had it in Iraq a few years ago. I know they didn't have it in afghan.

What did you think of Kenichi? you have it listed as seen all. I think I've watched all, but i didn't bring it out here (don't want to get it ruined)

Last edited by guildmaster on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:35 am Reply with quote
guildmaster wrote:
But they might have had it in Iraq a few years ago. I know they didn't have it in afghan.

It's always interesting to ask though, why are you fighting this war?

I'd say the whole world should experience peace for once. The calm before the storm. And then World War III. I bet everyone disagrees. Sad

Kenichi seems like a poor series at first, but it's fun and light-hearted. Worth it. I'm a big fan of "weaker" guys who fight straight, since I'm the type who'd grab a chair and aim at your neck/head.
guildmaster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:51 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
guildmaster wrote:

It's always interesting to ask though, why are you fighting this war?

I'd say the whole world should experience peace for once. The calm before the storm. And then World War III. I bet everyone disagrees. Sad

Kenichi seems like a poor series at first, but it's fun and light-hearted. Worth it.

I liked it enough to buy it even after seeing more than half of it on TV. same reasons, and at least he's not a perpetual dweeb like some other anime series are. His constant training and strength building are emphasized.

I'm not a policy maker, so i can't answer as to why. If you want my personal opinions, we'd have to take it off-line.

Remember that during the Versailles treaty signing in 1919, France's Marshall Foch stated: "This isn't a peace treaty, it is a 20 year truce". He was only off by about 2 months (for the European theater). WW2 was really an extension of WW1 and in the Pacific, it really went back to the late 19th century.

What we are going through right now may turn out be the opening stages of what might end up being WW3...

I wouldn't mind a large dose of world peace, but I'm not holding my breath.
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:57 am Reply with quote
Nah, there won't be a WW III, no stress over it. Multiply the possibility of a person being a lunatic over a person being chosen as president. Reminder: Bush was dumb, not loony. Trust me, you really don't want a lunatic gaining presidency, albeit they tend to be really good at acting.

Versailles means gay french flowers to me. I'm hungry again, I wanna cry. Crying or Very sad
guildmaster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:04 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Nah, there won't be a WW III, no stress over it. Multiply the possibility of a person being a lunatic over a person being chosen as president. Reminder: Bush was dumb, not loony. Trust me, you really don't want a lunatic gaining presidency, albeit they tend to be really good at acting.

Versailles means gay french flowers to me. I'm hungry again, I wanna cry. Crying or Very sad

I never thought of Versailles that way. but who am i to make judgements on thoughts.

Its not the US electing a lunatic, it's the other loons out there in other countries that worry me. But I'll be hanging up my boots soon.

I'm currently in GMT+3. Where are you? You're either an east coast vampire (like me when I'm home), on the west coast, or Australia / NZ.
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:03 am Reply with quote
UTC 0. But if I were in Australia I'd be riding kangaroos rather than replying here.

If I were in NZ I'd grab a midget and be Frodo with him. Sad

I feel like crying. Let me use your shoulder for a while brave soldier.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:41 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
UTC 0. But if I were in Australia I'd be riding kangaroos rather than replying here.

Riding kangaroos, that is rediculous, they can't even walk backwards so the handling is aweful, and pulling off the the reverse parking in the tests makes it just too expensive to apply for the license. Emu have the same problem, but it is even worse as there is no way to look cool while on their backs.
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:44 am Reply with quote
Rediculous DuskyPredator, very rediculous. I don't care, these poor animals will either give me a ride or I'll fall asleep on their back. I look cool wherever, even if I'm crying like a girl. Because I'm a girl. With big boobs.

Oh Dusky, I've always wished you were a girl so we'd be lesbians together.
guildmaster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:07 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:

If I were in NZ I'd grab a midget and be Frodo with him. Sad

I feel like crying. Let me use your shoulder for a while brave soldier.

As long as you're not like those twits Pippin and Merry!

UTC 0 - that's the same as GMT, or military TZ Zulu, right? U in the UK or Spain (or Iceland)?, because I don't figure you to be in Ghana or Antarctica Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 177 of 233