• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Dragon Ball Super

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:14 pm Reply with quote
afraid its worse than a hulk clone or a broly clone. that sayian looked damn right ugly in that forum.

and i wouldnt be surprised if that form have some kind of side effect where it makes her go insane from her rage just like broly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:05 pm Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
afraid its worse than a hulk clone or a broly clone. that sayian looked damn right ugly in that forum.

and i wouldnt be surprised if that form have some kind of side effect where it makes her go insane from her rage just like broly.

At least she doesn't hate someone because they cried as a baby.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:40 pm Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:

I suppose you meant "form" instead of "forum". Believe me when I say this, at the very least Toei did not actively tried to make her look ugly like 99% of muscular females in anime.

http://yurination.files.wordpress.com/2017/06/super-saiyan-kale.jpg

Bonus points also for increasing a little Kale's bust after the transformation so she did not look flat chested with all the extra muscle. Would have liked that she had got a six (instead of four) pack abs like Mikasa Ackerman and some more Trapezius thickness, but maybe she will later on.
Kicksville

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:05 pm Reply with quote
With being talked into this attack on Freeza, their appearance in the exhibition match, and their trouble finding participants, I'm assuming Universe 9 is toast before the tournament even starts. But I suppose we'll see.
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:36 am Reply with quote
Best line of the episode:
Marron: "Uncle, how old are you?"
Android 17: "I'm 17"
Man, that was such a dad joke! Very Happy
I wouldn't mind seeing some filler scenes of Trunks, Goten and Marron fighting poachers just to see how well Marron can really hold her own. Genetically, she's just a normal human kid, but I'm sure 18 taught her some skills, and she probably learned a thing or two watching daddy. Wonder if she can fly? (That'd put her a step above Roshi, who sometimes forgets he still can't! Laughing) Next generation of Z-fighters could be Trunks, Goten, Marron, Pan and Bra (in age order). I think earth is well protected with those five should the adults ever want to spend some time off Universe 7 in years to come.
Frieza has no logical reason to betray the terms of his resurrection? Has anyone ever been able to trust him? All he needs is a better deal from another universe to switch sides--he's not exactly known for his loyalty. Maybe someone promises to do a full resurrection an hour before the tournament starts. That'd be enough to sway him. Resurrecting Frieza was the second dumbest (or perhaps naïve) thing Goku has done since he reminded the Zen-Ohs of the tournament in the first place. The only question is, will he actually regret it and learn something from his mistake?
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:21 am Reply with quote
the thing with freezer is, this would not be the first time he puts killing goku over his own life, back in namek, he'd rather try to kill goku than surviving, and I think he made that decision twice.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I want Frieza to be a good guy!

I think 'reliable guy' is the best you can hope for w/ him.
Zeino

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:18 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, his original saga hammered home the fact that he is an utterly irredeemable sociopath of the highest order who if you show him mercy, he'll just use that chance to attack you again the moment you're back is turned. And honestly, wanting to redeem genocidal despot is just an awful idea. But what they are doing right now with Freeza? It's probably the best use of him ever and makes the Resurrection F movie/arc more then just fun fanservice. He still an undeniable total self-absorbed monster as he was before but the first time in his existence, he has to be subtle in actions or Goku and Beerus will come down on him like lighting.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Zeino wrote:
GATSU wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, his original saga hammered home the fact that he is an utterly irredeemable sociopath of the highest order who if you show him mercy, he'll just use that chance to attack you again the moment you're back is turned. And honestly, wanting to redeem genocidal despot is just an awful idea. But what they are doing right now with Freeza? It's probably the best use of him ever and makes the Resurrection F movie/arc more then just fun fanservice. He still an undeniable total self-absorbed monster as he was before but the first time in his existence, he has to be subtle in actions or Goku and Beerus will come down on him like lighting.

Keep in mind that the entire Universe 7 team is pretty much made up of former enemies turned friends. Piccolo was one of the first major villains Goku faced, followed by Vegeta who has done plenty of planet destroying himself (Frieza isn't the only one) followed by the androids who were also villains that wanted to destroy humanity and especially buu who used to be a threat to the entire universe.

That said, this is probably one of my favorite episodes of the entire series so far (if not my favorite period) as I genuinely wans't sure what was going to happen. One downside of dragon ball is a lot of events tend to be very predictable, but trying to figure out if Frieza will actually stick with his deal with Goku (not because he's a good guy but because it may be his best chance at getting resurrected) or whether he decides to find an alternate way to resurrect and kill Goku in the process is something that really intrigues me. Was worth wading through the rest of this recruitment arc just to get to this point. My only complaint being that Buu won't be in the tournament as a result, which is a huge waste.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:20 pm Reply with quote
#844391 wrote:
Piccolo was one of the first major villains Goku faced,

....You mean besides his father Piccolo Sr.?
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Frieza also has me scratching my head once again. It's great to see him arriving to meet the rest of the group and exchange trash talk with Vegeta, but once they're at the tournament, it looks like he's already scheming with his Universe 6 counterpart, Frost, and that makes me nervous. Frieza as a begrudged good guy has been some of the most fun I've had with this show, and I'd be disappointed if he just ended up betraying us. That would be a predictable turn for the sake of something I really don't want in the first place.

I never expected to find person who doesn't like Frieza & Frost team-up. The entire fan-base wanted this and we got it. Why should he be a good guy it would totally ruin his character. For over 25 years we've known him as an evil and cruel bastard, a sadist who never shows mercy and never tried to be a better person, he's pretty much Space-Hitler. Yes backstaning U7 is predictable but still want to see that because it's intersting to see what he will try do!
XtremeAnimeDan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:51 pm Reply with quote
There are 78 fighters in the tournament, not 90. 8 of the 12 universes are participating, and 1 of those 8 only brought 8 fighters. That's 78, not 90.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:01 pm Reply with quote
What's wrong with the reviewer wanting Freeza being a good guy? It may work with Cell, but not with Freeza. Freeza is the person no one actually wants to be redeemed. He's the person everyone loves as a villain, and he has proven several times that he cannot be redeemed, and the previous episode ensured the fans that Freeza is plotting his own schemes. It's obvious that he's doing it now. Freeza can't be trust. He and Frost are totally going to backstab each other because none of them are trustworthy.

Cell on the other hand is more interested in fighting than ruling the universe, which makes him more likely to be redeemed than Freeza. Freeza is not going to be the next Vegeta.

XtremeAnimeDan wrote:
There are 78 fighters in the tournament, not 90. 8 of the 12 universes are participating, and 1 of those 8 only brought 8 fighters. That's 78, not 90.

There are 80. Tenshinhan specifically said that he could feel faint presence within the Universe 4 team, nevermind that official leaks already said that they are going to be 80 fighters next week. So, it's obvious that two people are hiding their presence.

Last edited by MajinAkuma on Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:32 pm Reply with quote
yeah, was going to say that they might be invisible or something, not the first time that happens in dragon ball (uranai baba arc).

BadNewsBlues wrote:
#844391 wrote:
Piccolo was one of the first major villains Goku faced,

....You mean besides his father Piccolo Sr.?

who is not an enemy turned friend ? krillin, gohan ? even then krilin was aobut to become goku's enemy if nto for roshi taking two disciples instead of just one.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:48 pm Reply with quote
I joked to a friend before I watched that I bet the entire first episode of the fight would only take a minute off the clock... apparently that isn't a joke.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 20 of 40