• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon Wins Nickelodeon Mag's Favorite Manga Award

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:09 am Reply with quote
I have a friend who enjoyed Death Note, but he told me its pretty violent. I can't imagine why parents would allow kids to watch a show like that though.

I remember way back in the 90's when the Nick magazine did a little drawing of Syro the dragon (highly doubt that anyone will actually know the game now and days though). Although it wasn't the greastest drawing, you could tell there was effort into the work.

Makes me almost feel bad that kids have to read garbage like Sakura and Bart dating instead of something better. Oh well, not much I can do though.
Altorrin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:22 pm Reply with quote
I'm 13 and I know about Spyro the dragon, vaguely.

Death Note isn't violent. There is a lot of death, but most of the people die of heartattacks, rather than murder. The most violent episode is the last one, which isn't even that violent. DN is just really pseudo-complicated drama. But it's good.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:45 am Reply with quote
Altorrin wrote:
I'm 13 and I know about Spyro the dragon, vaguely.

Death Note isn't violent. There is a lot of death, but most of the people die of heartattacks, rather than murder. The most violent episode is the last one, which isn't even that violent. DN is just really pseudo-complicated drama. But it's good.

I remember when the Spyro was first released into the US, so imagine my surprize there are still people that remember it.

My mistake, I figured it was more violent based off the title. In the words of my friend Death Note was more of a soap opera drama than intense shonen show. He enjoyed the show, but I'll probably never watch it.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:46 am Reply with quote
SongstressCela wrote:
Splitter wrote:
I'm sorry, but how do you compete with Calvin? It's f*cking Calvin!

Pretty easily, I'd imagine. Also, yay pokemon! Very Happy

Very easy.When it come to kids, and some adults,especially me, we'll take pokemon over calvin anyday of the week.

And to be honest i didn't think they would win. they actually pulling the upset is like kids choosing leafy green spinach over hamburgers which doesn't happen.
That's a serious gutcheck for all of those haters out there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3