• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:29 am Reply with quote
I just watched 7 and 8, well there are 2 new students, I actualy read about them on wikipedia the other week so I kind of expected what was hapening. I also noticed a few more then mormal near romance scenes.

I found it funny how some of the words that are on the screen for a short time whent along the lines of questioning whether they can do this and GhoStory at the same time. GhoStory refering to Bakemonogatari and was a question I had as they have many simularities in style and such. Though there was also a few coments in there about production troubles, I doubt there are many other shows that complain as much as Zetsubou about it dificulties.

Episode 8 did a very interesting graphics change, reminds me of when they did that one that continously changed. But intead it kept a very rough style giving it a nice atmospher and changed a very simular but more fine done and realy enjoyable pictures of Kafuka.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:30 am Reply with quote
the train part of the episode was done in such a way where it was a really really nice scene.

I mean best use of a different style of animation even if it was going to putting it off station
Blackpeppir

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:28 pm Reply with quote
I'm not quite sure if I'm just noticing it more now or if it's something that the writers are adding more and more, but it seems as if Sensei's become more visibly afraid of Chiri than he was in the previous seasons. I mean, there was always fear of Chiri but now he seems to be outright terrified of her most of the time. That's the impression I got from him anyway.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Well Chiri's true colours have been showing, and she has been getting harsher, do you remember that time she felt an eppisode needed a despair ending. Or what about her suse of the shovel, though the jail scene was ausome. But hasn't she on a couple occasions also got to replace kafuka as being the one doing the main banter with Nozomu about his latest life problem.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Well Chiri ended up spoiler[ Replacing every one with dolls and burring every one under the floor boards of the school ] in episode 9

Episode 9 was interesting, even if you have the right answer to something your wrong

Also Shaft went all out again putting in Negima! gags. (OVA poster, What manga sells better joke (this is a repeated joke but they had a volume cover in here) and last but not least Kaere/Kaede (I forgot which name she uses as I can't tell what personality she's in) is dressed in Setsuna's pactio outfit. (case in point as her voice actress plays Setsuna in Negima!)
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:58 am Reply with quote
I noticed episode 9 also had a lot of appearances of the staff in it, there was also a lot of messages about future projects and such. Like the words season 4 kept coming up. I also think a message that someone was sick of makeing moe anime and instead make one that "oils eye sensors" Question I think may have been reference to Dance in the Vapire Bund that trailer had recently been released. There were a lo of scenes of the man who's real face used to be a censor in it including him spoiler[running around in womens underwear.]

And as always Zetsubou Sensei offers a lot of food for thought, aswell as being entertaining.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:50 am Reply with quote
I liked the "we missed the deadline" part and spoiler[the staff was replaced by dolls. ]

I really hope there's a season 4, there already getting another OVD some time this year with the next volume of manga. So a season 4 doesn't seem that far out there I mean the series sells well

also I spotted a Aratagi (Bakemonogatari) X Zetsubou-sensei BL comic in one of the scenes Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3