• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: G Gundam Spawns New Manga with Original Anime Staff

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonickid101

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:32 am Reply with quote
the return of an internet MEME!!!
darksharingan wrote:
This sucks, every Gundam series is getting some kind of revival but not the best of them, Gundam Wing.

Seriously, it was WING that not only put Gundam on the map for anime fans but it also changed mecha anime altogether, before Wing, there was nothing that was deeply political and serious, everything was more emotional or comedic and just plain fun. But the military war and political theme best suits the robot genre and thanks to Wing most mecha tried to be like that (with some lame failures like Code Geass and Full Metal Panic).

If anything needs a nod right now, it's Gundam Wing.

Wing? Realy? the only thing Gundam Wing changed was pretty boys pilot Gundams, and that spawned Seed and seed destiney. The Original Gundam is the one that changed everything, Gundam Wing is just another Gundam series in japan.
RedLeader

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:12 am Reply with quote
darksharingan wrote:
This sucks, every Gundam series is getting some kind of revival but not the best of them, Gundam Wing.

Seriously, it was WING that not only put Gundam on the map for anime fans but it also changed mecha anime altogether, before Wing, there was nothing that was deeply political and serious, everything was more emotional or comedic and just plain fun. But the military war and political theme best suits the robot genre and thanks to Wing most mecha tried to be like that (with some lame failures like Code Geass and Full Metal Panic).

Uh. They already DID Wing. It was called 00. It was on Sci-Fi a little while ago. Complete with reimagined/SEEDifed Wing Boys, new Relena, and then added some Zeta Gundam in the second season for good measure.

Now, going back to the announcement itself... I take it in this manga The King of Hearts will... Face off against the Great Emperor of Darkness? No? Crap. So much for Shin Mazinger 2. I guess I'll just replay SRW64 and take that as the continuation of Shin Mazinger, G Gundam, AND Giant Robot. Anime hyper

Seriously, though. AWESOME! Anime hyper But I hope it's the real G Gundam and not just a SEEDification. Not that that would be bad, 00 was considerably more watchable for me than the original Wing was but you know... It'd be nice to see Domon and company again. Smile Of course, if it's a ground zero remake, I just have one thing to say... Please spare Domon the hell beast of Rain. Just give him Allenby and dump Rain on his spoiler[cloned] brother. Please!

As to the voices, YES! Let's bring everyone back! ESPECIALLY Domon! I always liked American Domon over his Japanese counterpart. And I've REALLY been missing him since they got that awful, awful guy to replace him in Samurai Warriors Gundam. Anime hyper
troizen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:34 am Reply with quote
I know nothing about manga so can anybody give me a realistic timetable for this to be released in the US.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3