• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex of America Adds Durarara!! Anime with Dub

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takeyo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Given the structure of the series, it seems like two 13-episode sets would have been a more natural breakdown.

Are we going to have to direct order these sets?
KKDW

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Reaper gI wrote:
PiercingArrow wrote:
Oh man... glad to hear Aniplex got this one. i always thought these past weeks that U.K. is the only one that acquired this series. Glad to see this one on the news late this evening

And now we'll likely get it released after the US (at best at the same time); as our releases will be delayed until the dub is available to use. Again....

Well I hope when Beez releases the show over here the do include the dub since they've said before now that the release would be sub only (actually would be that be a first for a UK release if it was?) and I also heard that the American release of the series would be sub only.
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Alright at first I was disappointed cause I heard rumors about a sub only release, but after seeing this I'm buying it as soon as it comes out I don't care who voices who although I would like the same person who voiced Watanuki in the Holic dub to voice Shinra, but I doubt that will happen though.....
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:59 pm Reply with quote
I am very happy, would have bought without a dub, but will be happy with whatever cast they choose.

It is kind of disheartening to see the demands for a dub, and then see people start complaining about price and casting after they see that it is getting that dub. It seems really unfair. Almost like some of you never really were serious about buying it regardless. What's up with that?
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:04 am Reply with quote
I hope the dub comes out ok. It is Aniplex's first time trying to dub something, and release it them self's.

I really hope the DVDs are fairly priced and not $40 for only 4 episodes. Please let Aniplex have some common sense and release 13 episode boxsets.
chocobolily

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:06 am Reply with quote
Awesome. I can't wait to get Durarara!! I think it has the potential for an especially amazing dub, just like Baccano...
Mytopia

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:09 am Reply with quote
Great news. Since we've seen Aniplex debut in the US industry, am I too spoilt to ask for Animax as well? Make it happen, Sony Razz

Also, not surprised about a dub, as Sony has produced numerous dubs for Animax as well as some of its US releases, however sparse the latter has been. Regardless, I'm not concerned.
Takeyo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:17 am Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
I really hope the DVDs are fairly priced and not $40 for only 4 episodes. Please let Aniplex have some common sense and release 13 episode boxsets.

"The series will be released in three parts, each with 8-9 episodes on two discs."
ZenErik

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:18 am Reply with quote
Takeyo wrote:
ninjapet wrote:

"The series will be released in three parts, each with 8-9 episodes on two discs."

Yep. Although my guess is $60 for each of the 3 parts. MAYBE $50, but it doesn't matter either way to me. I will buy and enjoy. Hope there are some good extras.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:25 am Reply with quote
ZenErik wrote:
Takeyo wrote:
ninjapet wrote:

Yep. Although my guess is $60 for each of the 3 parts. MAYBE $50, but it doesn't matter either way to me. I will buy and enjoy. Hope there are some good extras.

ok that isn't that bad, plus the extras on the TTGL are pretty good, so Durarara!! should get some good stuff as well.

If they let Rightstuff sell the DVDs, then I'll be all over buying the DVDs
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:52 am Reply with quote
Yeah, it's not that bad, plus a dub and some nice extras as you say, far better than the 4-ish w/sub-only which I expected after the TTGL movies disappointment.

One of my most wanted shows and dual-languages, that's more like it Aniplex! It'll be joining my Baccano discs.

Agreed, hopefully they let Rightstuf sell 'em too.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:05 am Reply with quote
I think they will probably use the Bandai store exclusively again, and with good reason.

Even by January, DRRR!! won't have completed its DVD release in Japan, so there would be legitimate concerns of reverse importation.

So that's why they'll use the Bandai store which will only ship to USA & Canada.
GARlock

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:08 am Reply with quote
Oh HELL to the YEAH. This series was a shoe-in for licensing, it's one of the best anime I've seen in years. I'm buying this no matter what and hope the dub turns out well. I kinda wish Funi had licensed it, the Baccano! dub was amazing, but I'm just glad to see a release.

But what is the deal with Shizuo's name spelled as 'Shizuho' in that trailer? I hope that's just a typo, because that annoys me to no end.

Last edited by GARlock on Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
animeninja

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:09 am Reply with quote
Another one goes on my buy list.

This year is turning out to be quite a good year for announcements.
Elaniel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:10 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
I think they will probably use the Bandai store exclusively again, and with good reason.

Even by January, DRRR!! won't have completed its DVD release in Japan, so there would be legitimate concerns of reverse importation.

So that's why they'll use the Bandai store which will only ship to USA & Canada.

I don't think, or at least hope, that they wouldn't be that stupid. If the show is sub only, fair enough, but to release a dub show exclusively to such a small online store? I doubt that would make any money for them.

If anything, I think it will be available like Kannagi was (TRSI, RACS, Bandai Store)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7