• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - August 19th - August 25th

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falcon5768

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:10 am Reply with quote
Also dont forget to point out, bash Pee Wee all you want, but its getting better ratings now than when it originally aired when I was a kid.

Its also really trippy to see all the people in the show who went on to be stars or play great characters on other shows (Cowboy Curtis aka Laurence Fishburn, Captain Carl aka Phil Hartman, or Riba aka S. Epatha Merkerson of Law and Order fame.) Hell even a young Natasha Lyonne can be seen in some of the episodes.

Just too bad they cut the BEST part of the opening and not the crappy begining music, but I think thats how it was cut for the original TV airings on the 2nd season on too.
jgreen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:28 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen the other 3, but I take exception to this comment...

The Click wrote:
All four of these “features” are only one-fifth to one-half parts good – the rest, quite atrocious.

....being used to describe Black Magic M-66. I've always liked that one, and I thought it was much more faithful to Shirow's style than a lot of his pre-GitS series (the original Applessed OAV, for example....WOOF! Anime smile + sweatdrop )
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3