• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Trigger Makes Anime of Inou-Battle in the Usually Daze Comedy Novels

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Seeing this, plus what I've seen of Kill la Kill, makes me rethink ever buying Little Witch Academia. This studio is making shows that do not interest me in any way. Pass.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:25 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
Seeing this, plus what I've seen of Kill la Kill, makes me rethink ever buying Little Witch Academia. This studio is making shows that do not interest me in any way. Pass.

So you're cutting ties with a studio who animates something you don't like despite them creating that one title you like?
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:29 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:

So you're cutting ties with a studio who animates something you don't like despite them creating that one title you like?

Yes. LWA was ok. I was originally planning to buy it to support a new studio. But since the studio is only interested in making product for an audience I'm not part of, I don't figure it is a good investment. I'll put my money where there is a product that I like better. Simple enough.
mattb82

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:09 pm Reply with quote
I have enjoyed everything that trigger has put out so far, so I will definitly look forward to this. Although I am a little disappointed, I was hoping they would continue doing original projects, and this, at least on the surface, appears to be run of the mill. Maybe they are just doing this to keep the light on until their next anime.
Kaisos Erranon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:20 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:

I'm sure your boycotting will make all the difference.
jet_

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:23 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:

Yes. LWA was ok. I was originally planning to buy it to support a new studio. But since the studio is only interested in making product for an audience I'm not part of, I don't figure it is a good investment. I'll put my money where there is a product that I like better. Simple enough.

Little Witch Academia is directed by Yoshinari Yoh.
Kill la Kill is directed by Imaishi Hiroyuki.
They're two completely different people.
Let me ask you, what is that that you've seen of Kill la Kill that makes you put it on the same level as something that isn't even out yet and that you assume is just a shitty generic harem light novel?
Kill la Kill is as Imaishi as you can get without having robots in it.

You shouldn't feel regret over buying something that you like, and if you just bought it to support TRIGGER in hope that they'll only animate stuff that panders to you, then you've made a big mistake.

Wait until the show is out before you pass your judgement.
mattb82 wrote:
I have enjoyed everything that trigger has put out so far, so I will definitly look forward to this. Although I am a little disappointed, I was hoping they would continue doing original projects, and this, at least on the surface, appears to be run of the mill. Maybe they are just doing this to keep the light on until their next anime.

Imaishi didn't say that he created TRIGGER so he could do a bunch of original projects.
He created TRIGGER because the projects he wanted to do couldn't be done at GAINAX.

Last edited by jet_ on Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Kaisos Erranon wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:

Ah boo hoo. Why should I spend money on something I don't care for?
Rederoin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:26 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:

You know how you get Trigger to make stuff you like? By buying it.
jet_

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:28 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
Kaisos Erranon wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:

Ah boo hoo. Why should I spend money on something I don't care for?

Why the hell did you buy LWA then?
Myaow

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Neato! I'll admit I've totally got some compulsive brand loyalty for Trigger so I'd be excited about anything they do... but! I actually like that they're doing shows with a little variety in subject and tone instead of just doing the same thing all the time-- still I betcha this will be full of that Trigger flair!!

My only question is will they be producing this at the same time as LWA2? Or will they hold it off until that one is complete?
jet_

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Myaow wrote:
Neato! I'll admit I've totally got some compulsive brand loyalty for Trigger so I'd be excited about anything they do... but! I actually like that they're doing shows with a little variety in subject and tone instead of just doing the same thing all the time-- still I betcha this will be full of that Trigger flair!!

My only question is will they be producing this at the same time as LWA2? Or will they hold it off until that one is complete?

They said themselves that production on LWA2 is going to start after KLK, and LWA2 is scheduled to come out in March/April next year.
My guess is that InoBato will come in Autumn next year.

Last edited by jet_ on Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:50 pm Reply with quote
jet_ wrote:
Why the hell did you buy LWA then?

I haven't yet. Now I won't.

jet_ wrote:
You shouldn't feel regret over buying something that you like, and if you just bought it to support TRIGGER in hope that they'll only animate stuff that panders to you, then you've made a big mistake.

I was sort of on-the-fence about LWA anyway. so I won't have any regrets by not buying it. I buy a lot of shows that don't "pander to me", sometimes just to support the industry. Just not this time.

I gave KlK five episodes. I can see the artistry in its animation, but that's about it. Not my thing.

jet_ wrote:
Wait until the show is out before you pass your judgement.

This next project is yet another light novel adaptation. I stopped even watching those at all at the outset, and wait about a quarter season in to see what people are saying about the show. In general, I've found only one out of ten of these light novel adaptations will be worth watching. I pay attention to fan comments here in the forums, especially certain people who have tastes similar to mine. It works for me since I have limited time.
jet_

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:53 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
yet another light novel adaptation

This mindset needs to disappear.
All light novel adaptions aren't bad.
Wait until you pass your final judgement on InoBato and don't make a fool out of yourselves by spouting shit.
Just saying "This doesn't interest me" is enough.

And 5 episodes of Kill la Kill isn't enough to know what kind of show it is.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:54 pm Reply with quote
jet_ wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:

Wait until you pass your final judgement on InoBato and don't make a fool out of yourselves by spouting shit.

Did you even read my post above?
jet_

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:59 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
jet_ wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:

Did you even read my post above?

Yes.
I also re-read your original post
Quote:
This studio is making shows that do not interest me in any way. Pass.

You'll miss out on a lot of gems if you have this mindset.
Are you going to ignore everything from TRIGGER in the future?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4