• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
No Game No Life (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Being Steph is suffering. Still, she is better than the siblings in a lot of ways. She just needs to learn how to take advantage of that (like who can talk to the most strangers on the street).
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 6:03 pm Reply with quote
I wonder why she didn't flip a coin or something. Now that is a game that is based on pure chance. I think.....
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 6:05 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
I wonder why she didn't flip a coin or something. Now that is a game that is based on pure chance. I think.....

Not really. It depends on what side of the coin is facing up when you flip it.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:07 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Being Steph is suffering. Still, she is better than the siblings in a lot of ways. She just needs to learn how to take advantage of that (like who can talk to the most strangers on the street).

yeah i wondered why not make the game a physical sport, but i guess the game can only involve to 2 players so i guess that only leaves games that only 2 people can play. Plus i assume you can't make other people a prop in the game.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:40 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

So Steph actually is smart, she has trouble seeing games being affected by things that skew probability. Having taken courses involving the calculation of probability, segmentation, and other, I can see how there is depth, it all tends to make my head spin at the length you can find things out.

You see some pretty interesting points about people usually calculating probability wrong. For example people think that they just got heads from flipping a coin, they think that they have a higher chance to get a tails, but this only applies if you do the calculation and apply it over multiple tosses instead of counting each toss as a separate trial. Of course there are the other things that can affect which way it can go.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:21 am Reply with quote
Episode 6:

Holy snap...the latest game just ....wow.

Anyways, spoiler[Angel Jibril was pretty funny. I thought the game was fun to watch but felt a bit fast. Nonetheless, Sora once again used his strategic mind and won which didn't surprise me.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

Now that was a battle, the foreshadowing to what he was doing was awesome, that spoiler[the words that seemed to have no effect were actually one big trap]. That he followed up with spoiler[scientific words and finished with theoretical concepts, destroying the universe]. And lets not forget some distractions like making spoiler[technically safe fanservice]. They were actual spoiler[distractions too to hide his true intention].

Wait, was that a spoiler[Skyrim] reference at the end? I have to know if it was actually an spoiler[arrow to the knee] joke, or just an equivalent? Probably only one of my favourite games, seriously I have at least 10 play throughs. And I am actually not sick of that meme.

Also took me a moment in the episode to remember Steph's panties are still on Shiro's head. Despite this having all the call cards of being dumb otaku pandering, there is something smart about certain parts,
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Gah a bit disappointed that Shiro didn't really do anything again this episode =(.
Since this game is purely logical it seems to me like it would have been perfect for her.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:01 pm Reply with quote
I don't think "logical" is the word I'd use to describe... that.

DuskyPredator wrote:
Wait, was that a spoiler[Skyrim] reference at the end? I have to know if it was actually an spoiler[arrow to the knee] joke, or just an equivalent? Probably only one of my favourite games, seriously I have at least 10 play throughs. And I am actually not sick of that meme.

Yes, it's the joke in Japanese, not an equivalent.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Also took me a moment in the episode to remember Steph's panties are still on Shiro's head. Despite this having all the call cards of being dumb otaku pandering, there is something smart about certain parts,

I am just waiting for the rage quits to be posted on this series, it is the type of material that would upset those on a lesser set up and not even gloss over any positive points of a show.
dlm

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:32 pm Reply with quote
I'm too busy admiring Sora's Magnificent Bastard-ing to notice things like Shiro still wearing panties on her head.

I mean, holy crap. spoiler[ Jibril was screwed from moment one and she didn't realize it. Sora's generosity in victory is another awesome point. "Yeah, I beat you without even having to work hard. Oh, by the way, that stuff you would get if you beat me? You can have it anyway."]

(added spoilers)
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:41 am Reply with quote
Now that was an awesome battle, way better than anything we've seen thus far.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:24 am Reply with quote
Loving this series so far and a great episode to introduce Jibril into.
Sora is head and shoulders above everyone else so far and winning comfortably. I just have this feeling that the winning streak won't last forever and when it ends, it's going to hit him hard.
I'm liking Steph so far, Yoko Hikasa is doing a great job voicing her. I think she needs a time-out or she'll end up in a mad house soon enough. Can only see her time with Blank helping her in the long run. Maybe they'll have to rely on her sometime in the future?

Steph.... Sit! Laughing
Bango

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Well that was epic. I kind of figured that's the type of stuff his plan would involve but not nearly to that scale.

What a wholesome episode.

I've noticed that my top 3 shows this season all have very smart male leads.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 7:02 pm Reply with quote
that game was amazing, but how are they going to top that?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 11