• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FUNimation November / December 2014 Solicitations

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:53 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
The on-disc extras are the most inciting either way, anyone know if all 227 minutes of them will be on the standard version too? I'm hoping "yes" if it's the same discs in all of them, but if one of them is an exclusive bonus disc, then the answer might be "no".

According to Funimation.com, the on-disc extras are the same; pretty sure the discs are the same for each edition. The only difference is that the BD's will have an extra with the dub VA's.

If I were Funimation, I would have only included the episodes on the regular editions and add an exclusive BD with the extras for the special editions sets.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:32 am Reply with quote
I can dig the look of the Funimation exclusive, and if this was the 80s when I was still buying vinyl I'd snatch it up. However, besides the looks it doesn't have anything else compelling to me there. Postcards? Nah, don't think so. Then there's the whole space consideration thing. Is that really the size of an old record album? In my new living arrangements I don't have space to waste. Are the discs going to be the overlapping kind like we saw in the AOT sets or will they be spaced out? Those are kind of important questions to me.

The Amazon exclusive has the artbooks, but it looks like all they have is art in them. If they had text in them it would be more valuable to me hands down. I guess I'm going to be a killjoy and ask if there's any new art or if its just all recycled stuff we've seen before? I am excited to hear it in TrueHD 5.1 though, now that I'm totally in for. I guess I'm going to gravitate to the Amazon exclusive, mainly for space considerations.
SeigiNoSenshi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:52 am Reply with quote
Amazon apparently has a date of November 4th for Ben-To now.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:49 am Reply with quote
SeigiNoSenshi wrote:

been like that for some time. its definitely not the corrected version of the show
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:33 am Reply with quote
SeigiNoSenshi wrote:

FUNimation has noted that it will be released sometime in 2015. It won't be released in 2014 (due to not having the uncut materials at the beginning).
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:16 pm Reply with quote
FUNimation Shop Halloween Promo Coupon Codes:
Quote:
10% off your $50 purchase - Use promocode TREAT10
15% off your $75 purchase - Use promocode TREAT15
20% off your $150 purchase - Use promocode TREAT20

Example: Cowboy Bebop: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) (FUNimation Shop Exclusive)
  • $64.98 - $6.50 (10% off coupon: TREAT10) = $58.48

EDIT: looking for one more item to hit $75? Check this page, there are some releases that are currently around 50% off.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3