• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Website: 2nd Tokyo Ghoul Anime Season Begins in January

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suena

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:40 pm Reply with quote
I did try reading the manga a couple times long ago, but I'd keep getting bored with it and dropping it. Now that I've been able to see the anime, I expect that it'll be easier for me to stick to the manga when I try reading it again. Hopefully after it gets an official English release. Wink
Detrimont

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:02 pm Reply with quote
YumeHunter wrote:
It all depends on how you look at Tokyo Ghoul(and all anime in general)

Some people look at TG as an adaptation of the manga and as that it failed horribly

Some people look at it as an stand-alone adaptation and don't compare it to the manga and like that TG is quite enjoyable with nice story but has its flaws in rushing and some other things(for me at least)

But in the end TG(and all adaptations that adapt some kind of source material) is only just like a huge commercial for the manga and as like that it succeeds and it did amazing job.

I though am interested how the 2nd season will be. I'm guessing it goes as fast as the first season but we'll see.

See, i was watching this without reading the manga, so i was watching it a stand alone, and i thought it was Meh, not bad, but definitely not good.
jrockfreak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:58 pm Reply with quote
yes more tokyo ghoul!!!!!!!! I love this show. I haven't read the manga but i thought the show was epic. And i actually didn't mind the censorship
Rensie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:45 am Reply with quote
If this is confirmed then will be heavy censored and rushed with a lot of content removed or altered.

The author should announce the sequel of the manga not this crap. Neutral
Pipoko

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:03 am Reply with quote
Felicity dash wrote:
Pipoko wrote:
Felicity dash wrote:
Pipoko wrote:
I'm not quite sure what to mark as spoilers n.n;

Just what difference does changing around those two arcs make? That's what I'm confused about. They're still pretty much the same in content. If anything it fits to switch them around because of Kaneki's resolve at the end of the Hinami arc. I don't think the bit with Banjio is all that relevant to anything, either, but I'm only caught up to the point where his hair turned white and he defeated Jason. I plan to watch the second season instead of catching up to the manga. None of these changes change the theming or character development in any significant way. It's just nitpicking because it's /different from the original/. Reading these complaints before reading the manga I thought they'd mischaracterized everyone or skipped some really important information, but everything that's skipped can be covered in season 2 and the only significant bit I can think of is the explanation of the 4 types of Kagune.

But what if there is no 2nd season? I mean this news is from a Chinese site with no actual confirmation from the studio that did the adaption or from Ishida-san

Then it's still good from the character and theme perspective and since that the heart of it all and the best part of the series to me, I'd be fine with it. It made it's point. Sucks about the story, tho.

It also says it's the official chinese site, too, not some random website, but would be unfortunate if it wasn't true.

I forgot to mention this, but the two arcs I`m talking about are The Gourmet arc & The Dove arc (Hinami`s arc.) Those are the ones that got switched around. Which doesn`t make a whole lot of sense because both in the anime & manga they were talking about The Doves early on.

Theme wise it does have a good perspective, character-wise its really lacking the interactions between the characters, because each character is important in some way. For example, Banjou is important to Kaneki because he didn`t harm Kaneki in any way and was giving Kaneki hope that "their might be a way to escape" from Aogiri.

I gathered that from the message Banjo sent to Kaneki. A single line told me all that, so it's fine that they skipped that portion, and I grew to like Banjo from the scenes he had, he seemed cool and genuinely concerned for Rize. I love the fact when I can care about a character that's had relatively little screentime. Despite some of the extended scenes skipped, they keep the ideas behind them and just condense them into the gist of the whole thing. Like, there's an entire scene about Hide suspecting Kaneki in the manga, but I gathered that from a couple of subtle directing choices. The director knows what he's doing.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:11 am Reply with quote
Now the supposed 2nd season even got removed from the site, I don't think we need any more proof that this isn't real.
Divineking

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:26 am Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:
Now the supposed 2nd season even got removed from the site, I don't think we need any more proof that this isn't real.

Actually if anything that would usually suggest the opposite
Rederoin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:28 am Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
Rederoin wrote:

Actually if anything that would usually suggest the opposite

How?

Its a rumour at best, it only got posted on a Chinese(not Japanese) streaming site. Nothing official from Japans side, its hardly confirmed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3