• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
5 Things You Might Not Know About FUNimation

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
@ Alan45 - yep, that's how it looks on my computer, too. But I don't use the home page to navigate around ANN. When I fire up my computer and click on my ANN bookmark, it takes me right to the Forums page so I never see the list of articles like in your screenshot.

The site really isn't designed with the way you use it in mind. But then, people always use things in ways the designers did not expect, and smart designers take that into account. I'll ask Dan to preface advertorial talkback threads with "Ad"

On a side note, you're missing out on articles that get no talkback. Sometimes a very important piece of news might be read by tens of thousands of people but elicit no comments simply because there is nothing to say about it... You might also miss out on articles that interest you, but not a lot of other people...

I'm not certain how we could fix that...

Looking at the past 9 days of mainfeed items, there are 9 articles with no talkback comments.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:08 pm Reply with quote
@ Tempest - trust me to use the site in a way the designers never intended. Wink

It never occurred to me that I might be missing out on articles that don't get a feedback thread. Probably because I do use the "News" button religiously so I know I never miss a news item, even if it doesn't generate a talkback thread.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:55 pm Reply with quote
@Blood-
And I go directly to the main page. It is nice to know what the difference was.

I find the "Interest" articles to be even more fun than the news on some days. Some of them are even kind of scary. I check out the headlines on every thing not marked Game.
Violynne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Kikaioh wrote:
Honestly, it just seems shady and kind of distasteful all around.

This site is an advertorial and has been since day one.

I hope this idea takes off. I'd rather click an interesting advertorial than have my eyes traumatized by the images plaguing this website.

I don't find them intrusive as much as distracting. I could AdBlock them, but I don't come here enough to justify a loss of 1/1000th of a cent.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:32 pm Reply with quote
The Funi VA that have been around the longest and that are still active are Sonny Strait, Mike McFarland, and Chris Sabat.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
The Funi VA that have been around the longest and that are still active are Sonny Strait, Mike McFarland, and Chris Sabat.

why not just make one post and keep updating it when you think you have something folks might be interested in?
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Violynne wrote:
This site is an advertorial and has been since day one.

Not certain what you mean...
Felicity dash

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:52 am Reply with quote
mgosdin wrote:
Was strange to see three piece suits and high heels mixed in with the kids and costumed employees. Shocked
Well I didn`t have a problem with its food, but one of the chuck e cheese`s in my area (thats now thankfully shut down.) had a child yeahhh it makes me uncomfortable to say that word....who wasn`t registered at the time. Anyways he was in one of the chuckie suits. And thats why seeing oor hearing anything with the older versions of chuck`e cheese gives me nightmares.
Violynne

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
Not certain what you mean...

Do you see a review on this site as an opinion or an ad?

Most people don't consider it an ad, but that's what it is.

There's really no difference.

The thought is that as long as an ad isn't bad, it's considered good.

Tomorrow is a great example of this. People will tune into a football game just to watch the ads, because companies have realized it's a great way to reach an audience.

Monday, I'm sure the "Top 10 Best and Worst Ads" will show up. It's been this way for a while now.

An ad for ads to get ad revenue. That's kind of funny. Smile
Touma

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Violynne wrote:
Do you see a review on this site as an opinion or an ad?

Most people don't consider it an ad, but that's what it is.

I still do not get your point.

It seems to me that by your reasoning anything that mentions a product is an ad.
Discussions about anime and manga in forums would be advertisements.
If you tell your friend about a show that you watched that would be an advertisement, even if you hated the show and said that it was terrible.

I really do not understand what you are trying to say.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3