• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aquarion Gets 3rd TV Anime, Aquarion Logos, in July

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tobeast777

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Zoneflare wrote:
Now I seriously need to watch the other two seasons.

Hmmm.... you may regret that. I know I do.
natchu96

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:40 am Reply with quote
_Cyphon_ wrote:
This entire series reminds of Power Rangers. You know, super power morphing robots and all that. Anyway, never really been a fan of this. The CGI doesn't look any better than what is used traditionally, and the lack of mecha variety in the first season was a big issue for me. There were only three Vectors which always had to morph into one of three huge Aquarion. I would have liked to see more Vectors and then more variety in the Aquarions. For a show revolving around Mechas, three is a very low amount.

I'm somewhat in the mood to point out that there were technically more than 3. The number's closer to . . . 6.5 by the end of the series. Only the 3 mattered the most in the end but there were more than 3.

Super Robot shows structured like this really weren't supposed to have that many mechs anyway. Gurren Lagann had just one main mech that got bigger and bigger and a lot of side-character fodder ones that occasionally become important.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3