• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Goku's New Super Saiyan God Form Revealed for DBZ: Resurrection 'F' Film

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Kazamuki wrote:
Looks alright. Although his looks doesn't really fit Goku's character at all. It looks like he has that typical "evil saiyan-esque" vibe

I thought the same thing. The color looks a lot like Broly's did when his regular Super Saiyan form was being suppressed.
FlyGuySempai

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Toriyama, the lazy artist in the anime/manga industry. He literally sucks at consistency.
bs3311

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:26 pm Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
This is so, so stupid.

Agreed, This design just makes no sense. Just like friezas paint job, Goku does the same but with his 1st few super saiyan forms.

IF THIS IS A GODLY FORM OF THE 2ND LEVEL NO LESS, THEN WHY MAKE ITS DESIGN SIMILAR TO SOMETHING LESS GODLY!?

Along with his original god form, they should'nt be similar to gokus or his original super sayian designs.
tee2330

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:43 pm Reply with quote
is it just me or does this remind you of the hypersonic fan art I often see, I doubt that had anything to do with the uncreative posses but still, some people (me) look forward to seeing cool new forms like gear second or bankai in shonen animes now he won't even do the badass looking SSJ3, I hope vegita's also gonna get some power it seemed like he worked so hard all the time to gain more power to surpass goku but goku always just got more powerful with just talent dispute vegeta's harsh struggle, also SSJ3 and 4 look 10x better then this hell SSJ2's an improvement.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
I'm not in love of this retrocon, sure GT was sucky and was badly edited in the English form. Now franchise is going stuck forever trying make more money by having Goku around and dressing him up in another form.

GT was never considered canon so it was never retconned.
Cyberphobe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Ever since the last movie I've been saying Goku is not only going to go SSJ God but that his hair was going to be blue, and I'm glad I was right.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Everyone here is so salty. I'm pretty excited to see what else Toriyama pulls out of his hat with this form, personally.
LaSean

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Revolutionary wrote:
Another Super Saiyan God form? Geez, and here I thought DBZ ran too wild with too many Super Saiyan's... Now we're handing out forms just as easily. It's just hard to believe that any kind of powerup that Freeza would receive would require Goku to not only go Super Saiyan God, but ascend even it? =/ I mean, so Freeza's power has shot up beyond to Super Saiyan 2 and beyond, and then Super Saiyan 3 and beyond, and now beyond Super Saiyan God? A little hard to shallow.

Still, probably thanks to it looking more "Super Saiyan" in his hair shape, I think this form looks quite a lot cooler than the original Super Saiyan God.
It's NOT a new form.
It's his regular Super Saiyan 1 form but instead of being yellow/gold his SS1 hair has now turned blue because he acquired the power of a SSG.
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:55 pm Reply with quote
LaSean wrote:
It's NOT a new form.
It's his regular Super Saiyan 1 form but instead of being yellow/gold his SS1 hair has now turned blue because he acquired the power of a SSG.

If that was true then his hair would be orange, not blue.

Checkmate.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:02 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Wrangler wrote:
I'm not in love of this retrocon, sure GT was sucky and was badly edited in the English form. Now franchise is going stuck forever trying make more money by having Goku around and dressing him up in another form.

GT was never considered canon so it was never retconned.

That is true, but so far I think the 2 new movies might be even dumber than GT. And SS4 looks better and makes more sense than SSG imo. Sure pulling out his tail was silly, but how he transforms into SS4 makes a lot more sense than getting a bunch of Saiyans to hold hands in a circle.
Robbybulidjetliner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Time to put DBZ to rest, it overstay it welcome.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Robbybulidjetliner wrote:
Time to put DBZ to rest, it overstay it welcome.

Dragon Ball Z got a well deserved rest and has come back with a vengeance. Toriyama knows better what his franchise is then anyone in this thread.
A5J4DX

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:19 pm Reply with quote
If only it looked like this for the first SSG form xD
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Mr Adventure wrote:
Toriyama knows better what his franchise is then anyone in this thread.

Oh please. This franchise means nothing more to Toriyama than a paycheck. It is a cash cow and a guarantee that his retirement will be all nice and easy. Bringing back Frieza and giving him a new ultra-powerful form cannot be justified artistically, but it does provide the excuse for a new movie and therefore additional profits.

If he cared about the integrity of his creation then he would not have debased it so much. Battle of Gods was enjoyable, I'll grant you that, though the God form is a complete arsepull. But GT, Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!, Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans, Episode of Bardock, and Resurrection of Frieza have no business existing. And that's not even including most of the older DBZ movies which were usually pretty weak, or the entire Buu Saga.
Souther

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:51 pm Reply with quote
It'd be nice if Vegeta achieved the same form, just for the potential monstrosity that would be Super Saiyan God Vegito.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6