• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nobuo Uematsu: I'm 'Not At All' Working on Final Fantasy VII Remake

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:29 am Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:
Well it is no surprise. But again like one of the commenters stated they have enough of his music to make rearrangements. Since seeing this article I had wondered the same thing. What will be the music arrangement for this new version be? What will stay and what will be omitted?

I've always loved Uematsu's work from the first day I played FFIV (aka FFII). So I've followed his compositions for years. I don't think FF7 would be FF7 without the tracks he composed however I'm open to a broader mix of his work and some of the newer composers, like Hamauzu who has done his fair share along with Uematsu's work.

I'm surprised that Nobura is doing to direct this work, as he stated in the past that he wouldn't as he was busy handling FFXV.
Well, he was working on three projects: FFXV, KHIII, and FFVIIR. They moved him off of XV so he could devote more of his time to KHIII and FFVIIR, two games that only he was really qualified to direct. Tabata understood his vision enough to take over XV. It is funny though that Nomura had no idea he was the director for VIIR until a year after it had begun development. He thought Hashimoto was taking the director's seat again, and Hashimoto thought that Nomura was the director. And then they both laughed when they figured out that little miscommunication.

Ah so that's what happened. Well, I'm sure you remember back when the game was first announced, how they selected people and assigned them to various departments. Any projects that Nomura was in charge of was referred to as Group A and and other divisions were either Group B or C. And we know that the main games that he would be involved would be KH and FF (XV). Folks have been waiting a looooooong time. The most that I knew on FF (XV) was that he had a lot of design input. I'm wondering if they'll still have that deal with that clothing line.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3