• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Get Your Heart Pounding with The Top 20 Anime & Manga Love Confessions

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:33 am Reply with quote
irfanf wrote:
ObabeXKurisu ftw

Yeah how could such a beautiful moment in anime history not make the list? The Hand of the Organization must be very strong here.

animechic420 wrote:
Are there any love confessions over the age of 19??? Like, adult confessions?

I'll always remember Ougi x Villetta.
How love can happen even in the middle of a war has always fascinated me.

Last edited by Desa on Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
TRNielson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:47 am Reply with quote
While I may not care much for Angel Beats, that confession combined with the imagery and the amazing background song (My Most Precious Treasure) was one of the most heartbreaking things I've seen in a minute and was one of the few reasons I would recommend people watch the show.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:26 am Reply with quote
Alabaster Spectrum wrote:
Most of these just felt so hollow to me or have been made to feel as such. Most of these LN heroes just kind of seem to go from girl to girl even after the supposed big #1 confession.

I feel that way about Kirito and Asuna. After the first SAO arc, never felt like a couple to me.

As for the lists, some good ones. Seeing OreImo ones in there, disappointed no Kuroneko.

Also, a couple of recent ones I enjoyed was Yuki and Kyon in Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan and Ikki and Stella from Chivalry of a Failed Knight.

I agree with those mentioning Inu x Boku SS.

I'll mention a couple of older ones. NG Life's confession. When Keidai finally mans up, Mii just can't handle it. Elementa Gelade, Cou and Ren seemed to be dancing around it for so long in the anime...when Cou says that he thinks they should be together, it was pretty natural to hear Ren agree. Laughing
feuerwerke

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Things this list is missing:
-Chiaki x Nodame (Nodame Cantabile)
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:56 pm Reply with quote
animechic420 wrote:

I'm not sure if it's quite "over the age of 19," but there are some good, college-age love confessions. Golden Time had some really strong, and powerful, confession scenes in my opinion, as did Honey and Clover.

But yeah, Steins;Gate definitely has one of the best "adult" love confessions in anime Smile.

I'm pretty happy with the list even if there are some great love confessions I've seen that I think should've made the list. Off the top of my head, Itazura na Kiss, Kokoro Connect, Amagami SS, and Kimikiss had some strong love confessions that I wish could've made it onto the list.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:44 pm Reply with quote
AnimeLordLuis wrote:
Frankly I'm surprised that Inuyasha and Kagome didn't make the list. However my favorite one believe it or not is when Goku finally confessed his love to Chi-Chi. Cool

Goku never confessed his love to Chi-Chi. He merely agreed to marry her because basically why not. The English dub added some sappy bullshit in that scene in the original DB series where Goku says something romantic, but in the Japanese version he just kind of goes with it and they make a family, which is what's so amusing.

Another example of the dub sticking in things in DB stuff that isn't there because Funimation had no respect for the source material for years.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Gray.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Where's Ryuuji and Taiga (Toradora!) ??
mudduck454

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Gray Fullbuster wrote:
Where's Ryuuji and Taiga (Toradora!) ??

That would depend on which confession you pick, my favorite was when Ryuuji was knocked out and knocked into the pool and Taiga rescued him, and when they were trying to move him she was crying and would not let anyone near him, and proclaimed that Ryuuji was hers. That was the turning point in her love for him.

Last edited by mudduck454 on Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Animechic420

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:37 pm Reply with quote
sunflower wrote:
animechic420 wrote:

Honestly, I want to my anime list on anime planet and scrolled through countless titles to find the right anime. Which is about 664, mind you. I gotta tell ya, it's hard because there are very little adult confession anime out there.

Right now, the only anime I can think of are Baccano! and Ninja Scroll. Claire's confession to Chane was just so sweet and Kagero's last words to Jubei really hit its mark for me.

I couldn't think of any either, including the josei I'd read. Maybe adults are written to be less passionate about their love.

I really love the confession between Claire and Chane and but for some reason was thinking they were younger. Their relationship may be my favorite thing about Baccano!. I've never watched Ninja Scroll because I got the feeling it was ultra depressing. And lol since you mention last words I think I'll continue to give it a pass.

Now I need to see if I can find some adult confessions from my lists.

Claire was a "Young Conductor", so he had to have been in his early 20's. I can't pinpoint Chane's age though.

And, yes, do watch Ninja Scroll. It's very.....mature.
Desa wrote:

I'll always remember Ougi x Villetta.
How love can happen even in the middle of a war has always fascinated me.

Don't...... bring up anything Code Geass related to me.

I HATED that anime. Mad
MFrontier wrote:
I'm not sure if it's quite "over the age of 19," but there are some good, college-age love confessions. Golden Time had some really strong, and powerful, confession scenes in my opinion, as did Honey and Clover.

But yeah, Steins;Gate definitely has one of the best "adult" love confessions in anime Smile.

I'm pretty happy with the list even if there are some great love confessions I've seen that I think should've made the list. Off the top of my head, Itazura na Kiss, Kokoro Connect, Amagami SS, and Kimikiss had some strong love confessions that I wish could've made it onto the list.

I guess Golden Time was an ok confession. It didn't really stand out much for me, though.

Honey and Clover? There was an actual confession in that??? Confused

Yes...YES! The Cloudy Rainy Day confession from Steins;Gate..... Loved it. Smile
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:42 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Kokoro Connect

Damn, one of my favourite anime, and I forgot to list it earlier.

Another one I forgot was Lovely Complex, in the stadium. Sure, might not be the most romantic, but it always makes me laugh.

And it might be nostalgia goggles, but I liked the boat scene in Familiar of Zero. Louise is a tsun to the very end. Laughing

animechic420 wrote:

Hmm, I assume this one would apply:
feuerwerke wrote:

I've yet to see this, and I should see this series, but the synopsis of the series says they meet in Chiaki's 4th year at a music university. Would think he'd be over 19 by then...

Another series might be Zakuro. While it is set in a time where men in the army were probably younger than they are now, and they never state anyone's age, I'd be surprised if both Kei and Riken were not close to 19. More so Riken.
Zoolandur

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Where is kaga kouko, and banri from golden time? that one in my mind is the best.
Nayre

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:05 am Reply with quote
NO TORADORA AND ANO NATSU DE MATTERU???!!! WHY??!!
kaito x Ichika is probably the best confession i've seen so far
pluvia33

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:54 am Reply with quote
Yeah, no Toradora anywhere on here? This list is SO f-ing invalid.
yuna49

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:41 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
feuerwerke wrote:

I've yet to see this, and I should see this series, but the synopsis of the series says they meet in Chiaki's 4th year at a music university. Would think he'd be over 19 by then...

Yes, he's certainly at least twenty and probably a year or two older. Nodame is a year or two younger than him, but at least eighteen.

Nodame's confession to Chiaki at the end of episode one is mostly played for laughs, but the scene at the end of the first season is obviously sincere.

I was amused that Prince Zen's confession in Shirayuki-hime scored near the top among women but didn't make the list for men.

Confession scenes with characters at least twenty years old appear in REC, Planetes, Ristorante Paradiso, and, if I recall correctly, Toshokan Sensou.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Saw first list. Immediately wondered how the hell an SAO confession could score so high. Looked at third list. Oh, there you go. The male list is pretty damn awful lol Gotta give it to the ladies on this one. Much better build.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4