• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Psycho-Pass The Movie

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Sounds skippable for me, then. Didn't much care for S1, since I imagine Urobutler wrote it with one hand while wanking with the other. If the film has decided to be a soapbox for new issues he read a book on & wants you to know about, rather than further developing & exploring what was in S1, that's just one more reason for me not to care.
Videogamep

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:40 pm Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Go Mifune

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:40 am Reply with quote
Videogamep wrote:
Production IG has done some great work, but Madhouse, Ufotable, Ghibli and Bones have all done comparable or better work.

You left out Shaft and P.A. Works--

But if I had to limit it and pick 3 then it would be Production IG, Shaft and Bones as the best 3 studios.

As for PP-- if there ever was an anime where the proclamation of "there is only one season of..." has merit it is PP-

The movie was alright, but probably not something I would buy unless I got a really good deal on--

If they do make other seasons, hopefully they can capture the essence of what made the first season so good while maintaining the world it built
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:04 pm Reply with quote
I found the movie about the same as the second season.

Overall, one great rule about stuff is that sequels suck and are nearly always inferior to the original. Don't try to reproduce the feelings of greatness of the original from consuming sequels but instead consume other masterpieces.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
russ869

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:03 am Reply with quote
vonPeterhof wrote:
I thought that it was actually the mercenary leader monologuing those passages, since Kougami's English was way better in his other lines. Having re-listened to the intro it actually kinda sounds like at least two people speaking simultaneously, aside from the words "grows thick from fertile works" at the end, where it's definitely Kougami alone.

I believe it is the voices of Kougami and Makishima speaking the opening lines simultaneously. Again hinting at how the voice of Makishima sort of lives on in Kougami's head, a theme that is explored later in the movie.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:58 pm Reply with quote
This title appears to be falling into the same quagmire as Attack On Titan. The it's-become-a-hit-so-lets-stretch-it-thin-for-all-it's-worth syndrome. Another heifer for the cashcow milking barn? That's when I bail.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3