• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
MAJOR MAJOR Naruto news!!!! (viz version)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Holy f***ing s***!

Note that I normally never say anything like that. Razz

I'm freaking flipping out here about this! Viz learned to be teh smart and is trying to pass the anime again! But...What will the manga be like in Shonen Jump magazine?
oslapedo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! Viz, what are you doing?! Ahhhhh. I lurv Naruto (sure, who doesn't?) but this is a suicide. If its true, that is (hard to believe, though the website is rather convincing...). Ahhhhh I don't even have vol. 13, and how long has THAT been out? I can't afford 3 vol. a moth, it's too extreme Anime cry

Imho, I think they are doing pretty good with Bleach releases. Bi/monthly is nice, and the SS arc is almost done. Yessssssss.

But I'm a cheater because I read the scanlations too. No!

Hm... Viz should announce this themselves. Until they have OFFICIALLY stated something I am hard pressed to fully believe it. I hope they just release 1p moth though, 3 is WAY excessive.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Why the complaining? Even if you can't afford it that quickly, it's not like Viz is forcing it down your throats! Just buy it at your own pace, and let others (like myself) sop it all up at once!

I can't wait for this! Very Happy I hope they do this for more of their series!
Kouji

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
Why the complaining? Even if you can't afford it that quickly, it's not like Viz is forcing it down your throats! Just buy it at your own pace, and let others (like myself) sop it all up at once!

Because some people would rather have a quality translation at a moderate speed than a rushed and inconsistent work.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
kolibri

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Kouji wrote:
Because some people would rather have a quality translation at a moderate speed than a rushed and inconsistent work.

Whoa, whoa... let's not skin the cat quite yet. We don't know if this news is true yet, let alone how it will affect the quality, which wasn't incredibly high to begin with Smile

It is interesting that Walmart is reporting the same dates, as seems to be Amazon (at least three in September), although it's entirely possible that they've gotten their dates from S&S who screwed them up... Until Viz confirms it, I ain't buying it (bad pun, sorry).
oslapedo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Kouji wrote:
Josh7289 wrote:

Yeah, whats the point of having a hacked-up manga, even if you get it quicker? And its just an overload. How many people (besides the devout :p) want to sink $24 a month for one series? I'm all for the idea of them cathing up too the Japanese. manga, but 3 a month is too much.

I'm just curious, has any other manga ever put out 3 a month?
Ichigo77

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Just because they are realesing 3 a month does not mean the translation will go down, Viz could maybe hire more translators or maybe Viz has more of their translators working harder or longer to get it done. Also like I said before this probably isn't permenent it is probably just until Dec so they manga can get passed the anime. And what is wrong with the manga being ahead of the anime, is there something I am missing? Sure the manga is at a steady pace with the anime now but with only 2 chapters a month the anime will get way ahead. Just look at One Piece. The anime is way ahead of the manga and that could make people loose interest.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Who's to say the quality will go down? These volumes have been out in Japan for years now. If it turns out to be true, I'm sure it's something Viz has had in the works for a quite a while. It's not like they just thought it up last minute and will throw it all together a week before they come out. There's plenty of time for here til then to do it well, and I'm sure they've been working on it for a while.
Pinkwings

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:57 am Reply with quote
I wish something like this would happen with Loveless. Sad Theres only 4 volumes out and I read them all multiple times. *sigh*
Levitz9

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Okay, you've got to be ****ing kidding me. Who would waste all of their money on something like that?

--Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series

Has that even been done before with any other series? This is just ludicrous. Naruto has reached a high level of popularity, but, dang, is it THIS popular?!

Nevertheless, I find this to be just too much.The 'Naruto' craze is just as high as the DBZ craze was, but not nearly on the level of Pokemon. And if Pokemon didn't have, say, new videos out, three-per-month, then why should Naruto go so far?

Forgive me, I'm kinda biased--I don't like Naruto as much. I'm fine with the coverage I get in Shonen Jump magazine.
kolibri

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:31 pm Reply with quote
oslapedo wrote:
How many people (besides the devout :p) want to sink $24 a month for one series?

*looks at the bill from this week's manga shopping which totals at $104 CND*

I would.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Pinkwings wrote:
I wish something like this would happen with Loveless. Sad Theres only 4 volumes out and I read them all multiple times. *sigh*

You kind of sound like my sister there.

Anyway, who's to say the quality will go down? You know, with three to four months in-between releases (as it currently is), you don't think Viz was just sitting on their hands the whole time, now do you? I'm sure they have plenty of volumes already translated, just waiting for release (maybe they're even translated on Japanese release).

And again, you don't have to spend $24 a month. Just buy them at your own pace.
jgreen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
Anyway, who's to say the quality will go down? You know, with three to four months in-between releases (as it currently is), you don't think Viz was just sitting on their hands the whole time, now do you? I'm sure they have plenty of volumes already translated, just waiting for release (maybe they're even translated on Japanese release).

I'd say what's much more likely to have happened (and I have no idea if this is true, and I don't buy enough Viz titles to prove otherwise) is that whoever does the translation for Naruto likely does other titles as well. They probably adjusted his or her schedule to accommodate doing multiple volumes of Naruto....perhaps one of the other titles he or she translates ended, and rather than add on another title, they simply gave he or she more Naruto to translate. I'm sure (again, IF this is happening) that it's been in the works for months, as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ichigo77

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:25 am Reply with quote
jgreen wrote:

I'd say what's much more likely to have happened (and I have no idea if this is true, and I don't buy enough Viz titles to prove otherwise) is that whoever does the translation for Naruto likely does other titles as well. They probably adjusted his or her schedule to accommodate doing multiple volumes of Naruto....perhaps one of the other titles he or she translates ended, and rather than add on another title, they simply gave he or she more Naruto to translate. I'm sure (again, IF this is happening) that it's been in the works for months, as well.

Now that you mention that, that is what VIz probably did. Also like I said before this is probably just until December so they can start at the time jump, and Viz probably knows people aren't going to buy all 3 volumes each month but they just want them out there so when people are ready they can buy them. Look at how many movies come out every tuesday. I don't think people buy every movie when it is realesed on a tuesday.
smoochy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually wondering if Viz is going to pick up some new series when Death Note ends in July, and I"s in September.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4