• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final 5 Naruto (Pre-Shippūden) Episodes Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ConanSan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:29 am Reply with quote
maus wrote:
So when will it be available in Europe?
Because when a certain fansub-group stops fansubbing in January to give way for the legal counterpart I won't get my weekly fix anymore.
I don't mind at all, paying for legal episodes of Naruto Shippuuden, but first they have to be available for me too!!

I have the same problem with ANN-streaming: When I want to watch something I can't watch it because it isn't available for the Netherlands yet.

And that sucks!!!
Beside the Crunchyroll fact for Naruto, this is the great failing of Online Streaming right here.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:56 am Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
maus wrote:
Because when a certain fansub-group stops fansubbing in January to give way for the legal counterpart I won't get my weekly fix anymore.
I don't mind at all, paying for legal episodes of Naruto Shippuuden, but first they have to be available for me too!!

I have the same problem with ANN-streaming: When I want to watch something I can't watch it because it isn't available for the Netherlands yet.

And that sucks!!!
Beside the Crunchyroll fact for Naruto, this is the great failing of Online Streaming right here.

Cynical response:
Maybe if the citizens of your country supported domestic anime companies rather than fansubbers, there would be a corporation that could afford to license Naruto in a similar fashion.
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:10 pm Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
It's just Viz's site that's limited to NA.

The US. Not all of North America.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
Conan-san wrote:
maus wrote:

And that sucks!!!

Cynical response:
Maybe if the citizens of your country supported domestic anime companies rather than fansubbers, there would be a corporation that could afford to license Naruto in a similar fashion.
Whilst Naruto is licenced (To Manga Ent.) and is enjoying a fairly decent release (dubtitles in series 2 aside) that's Naruto, a fairly well known series that for the most part doesn't desperately need a web realese (Though, given Jetix's abismal treatement of the show, It would be apreciated).

Also, dood, that's highly presumptious to assume that local companies are geting shafted by mear fansubs alone.
They're geting shafted by importation for better priced (and actualy released) releases.

And assuming that thouse outside of the "Streaming zone" are not buying what anime is released in thier countries (at the inflated beyond belief prices) is just plain rude.
Kroy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Perhaps it's because Viz is using Hulu, which seems to only allow American IP addresses to view their content.

I can't say if Viz is aware of this, but it's definitely a slap in the face to Canadians for the very least ~_~
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:49 am Reply with quote
So, if we limit our options to legitimate outlets, CN is through #204 and Naruto.com will pick up at #216. I never was good at new math, but those don't look like sequential numbers to me.
maus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
Cynical response:

Ok I watch fansubs, I'm guilty of that.
But speaking for myself: I'm supporting the industry by buying my favourite anime legally.

I will never support fansubbers by ever giving them money or anything. That money belongs to the makers of the anime.

But I'll buy my anime legally. I just love original boxes with dvd's chockfull with cool features. They always win against those cheap-ass burned cd/dvd's with videofiles on it.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:51 am Reply with quote
peachsncreamsoda wrote:
actually nevermind Anime catgrin + sweatdrop . either they posted a new trailer recently or im really slow with the news lately because i just watched one of the trailers on the site and it was indeed shippuden, and it was indeed dubbed. (last time i checked for a trailer it was just the OP). now i only wonder if its gonna be posted on the site, or eventually be on CN.

Naruto Shippuden is ONLY going to be streamed subbed online.

Just because they speak english in the trailer does not mean that they will be showing only the english dub or both the english dub and the sub.

.....I am right.....right? Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3