• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actress Rie Tanaka's Fan Club to Shut Down

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:34 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Then thats even more reasoning to believe her career is over now. You'd think her agency would want to keep around her fan club if she still had plans to do voice work.

You still havn't provided any facts yet on previous voice actresses. If it is common knowledge then is should be easy to come by right? Assumptions don't cut the mustard.
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:38 pm Reply with quote
ScruffyKiwi wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
Then thats even more reasoning to believe her career is over now. You'd think her agency would want to keep around her fan club if she still had plans to do voice work.

You still havn't provided any facts yet on previous voice actresses. If it is common knowledge then is should be easy to come by right? Assumptions don't cut the mustard.

Dude, what you're asking for is proof to convince you to believe this, RyanSaotome doesn't want to put up the effort into it. Fine, then you can continue to believe what you want. That doesn't mean he can't continue to believe what he wants. If you want him to change his perspective, you bring out the evidence to support your view.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:40 pm Reply with quote
That's not how debate works, Ryan made a statement first, now the burden of proof is on him to back up his statements.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Sewingrose wrote:

Dude, what you're asking for is proof to convince you to believe this, RyanSaotome doesn't want to put up the effort into it. Fine, then you can continue to believe what you want. That doesn't mean he can't continue to believe what he wants. If you want him to change his perspective, you bring out the evidence to support your view.

Uh-uh. Not how it works.

Ryan made an assertion. I (and others) asked him to back it up. It is now up to him to either back up his statements or admit that he has no idea what he is talking about.
Brent Allison

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:50 pm Reply with quote
If I were RyanSaotome, I'd just leave a thread where everyone was getting up in my case and forget about it. Luckily for him he can do that since he's not getting a grade or a paycheck for posting here. That's just part of participating in the (relatively) consequence-free Internet.

Warning: May cost social respect among Internet strangers, dizziness. Consult a physician.
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:58 pm Reply with quote
I thought it was pretty clear he didn't want this to be a debate, considering her bowed out a page or so back.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Ryan made an assertion. I (and others) asked him to back it up. It is now up to him to either back up his statements or admit that he has no idea what he is talking about.

No, it would just be treated as conjecture. The same as anything without any evidence or concrete support to back up a claim is.

Now, why would Satomi Arai choose not to disclose her marriage until 4 years after it occurred? It's possibly that she wants to keep her private life as private, but considering the amount of public appearances she has had I do wonder how many times she willfully took off her wedding ring before the public eye?

Why in the year and 4 months after Kaori Nazuka announced her marriage have her only roles been Eureka, Tsukasa (Amagami), a side character in Horizon, and a bit character in Natsuiro Kiseki? Maybe she'll get a lot more roles later? Who knows, but she's a very talented seiyuu as her record shows.

There is no way to 'prove' such because there are so many other circumstances to be considered. It's a fool's errand and you know it. So either treat it as conjecture, respect it, or if you know it to be false, then prove it (which is, again, a fool's errand).
Nandosagi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Nobody else will take the shot? No? Fine, I guess I'll do it, this thread needs some humor.

Looks like Rie Tanaka's fan club now considers her...

*sunglasses*

Junk.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Isn't there supposed to be a pun or something at the end? I don't get the punchline...
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Isn't there supposed to be a pun or something at the end? I don't get the punchline...

She is or voices suigintou from rozen maiden who was refereed to as junk in the series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Ah, thanks then. I watched 3 episodes of Rozen Maiden but could go no further. Shinku was far too irritating for me to continue.
dragon695

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:42 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Figured this would happen. Seiyuu marriages never go over well with the fans... probably means the end of her career too. Kinda sad.

Just goes to show that even SanCom has a kernel of truth...
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Nandosagi wrote:

*sunglasses*

Junk.

Damn you. I laughed at that.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Nandosagi wrote:
Nobody else will take the shot? No? Fine, I guess I'll do it, this thread needs some humor.

*sunglasses*

Junk.

I applaud you, good fellow.

I thank you for making me spill my hot chocolate all over my keyboard due to uncontrollable laughter.

10/10.
Justice Gundam

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:04 am Reply with quote
I just watched the reaction and thought that it was time for the agency to close shop, so that they should stop fantasizing Rie too much.

After all, Rie is not the first Mrs. Yamadera. Mika Kanai was the first, and she continued her voice acting career when she and Koichi were married. I suppose Rie will do it as well. And to top it off for Gundam fans like me, this is a record. Two Gundam female lead seiyuus.

We could fantasize them and their characters in their wet dreams, but we should remember that Fans do NOT own them, and agencies act as caretakers and nannies or fathers to the voice actors. It is time that fans should stop becoming what those folks in TvTropes call the Fan Dumb. But alas, it wasn't always that way.

And besides, to the fans, Rie is too "old", past 30. But then there was Kaori Nazuka who married at 25 and have negligable outbreaks of fan outrage. This means that they are selective in their outrage.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5