• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: American Legal History on Anime, Manga Analyzed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tyciol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:07 am Reply with quote
As of now, is this the most recent report on developments in the case? I think it's good how they are bringing together the testimonies of various experts and their reactions to this.

The past case about defending the non-obscenity of Demon Beast Invasion is also a neat trick. It would be interesting how far a timeline of how people have dealt with this assault on anime from behind the scenes would go back.

What's especially horrifying that's reflected in this article: visiting ANN counts as breaking the conditions of his release? This site has probably covered the case's developments more than anywhere, so he's not even allowed to read news sources about what's going on?

I have to wonder, what's next, the Gunsmith Cats manga? Minnie May Hopkins is 17 and she does things I think would be considered explicit enough to be obscene.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4