• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 9 More Than Slightly Mad Scientists

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PrecisionCrab

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:17 am Reply with quote
Not sure if this was pointed out (don't feel like reading through 45 posts), but...
Quote:
He holds a trump card against Alucard, an item he refers as "She" that he hopes will lead to the vampire's eventual defeat.

"She" isn't the trump card against Alucard - Schrodinger is. "She" is merely the source of the Nazi vampire project. Given what Schrodinger is though, I'm surprised Doktor isn't the #1 on this list. The guy practically annihilated and warped all known laws of physics into a freaking Mobius strip with a single cat-boy.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:29 am Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:
The "Portables" from Cross Game aren't in the new poll? That's a shame.

That would've made my decision a little harder: out of the choices given, it was the Devil Bats hands down.

Nice to see Miyoko for #1. I wasn't expecting to see her despite her qualifications.
Etrien

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:36 am Reply with quote
Just a small suggestion: instead of warning about spoilers in general, would it be possible to present it as "contains spoilers for, X Series, Y Series, and Z Series"? Considering that sometimes the spoilers contained are massively important, and often even spoil-able just by a particular character's inclusion, this way people don't have to worry about spoiling a show they still want to watch.

As it is right now, the only way someone can really read this column is if they're okay with learning spoilers from basically any series at random. For example, in this week's #1: spoiler[Her very inclusion on this list is a huge spoiler, and possibly spoils the very culprit to a long mystery series. Takano is presented as a nurse, rather than a scientist, right up until the reveal.]

Thankfully, I already knew that spoiler. But I've seen instances like that multiple times now, and it's gotten to where I keep considering just not reading The List anymore due to not knowing what might be spoiled for me.
SaharaFrost

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:40 pm Reply with quote
050795 wrote:
I'm a little surprised Stein from Soul Eater didn't make the list, he's the first person I thought of when I saw the title. Then again there are a lot of mad scientists in anime so it must have been hard narrowing it down.

Agreed...Stein was the first person that came to mind for me as well. Actually...there's quite a few characters who could've fit this list, but didn't get put on...bit disappointing...
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:56 pm Reply with quote
I too thought of Stein and Kurotsuchi immeadiately. Even if they're not completely evil they're both pretty madn and, at least in Kurotsuchi's case, he's almost borderline a psychopath, to the point that many Bleach fans wonder why the Gotei 13 let him do as he pleases.

It makes me worry for the world that Kyubey was the favorite mascot. Seriously, that guy is a ruthless bastard, I wouldn't want to be anywhere in his nearby vicinity.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:03 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
It makes me worry for the world that Kyubey was the favorite mascot. Seriously, that guy is a ruthless bastard, I wouldn't want to be anywhere in his nearby vicinity.

I'm pretty sure that the last poll was for Mascot Most Deserving to be Dumped, not Favorite Mascot. So you can breathe a bit more easily now. God’s in his Heaven, all’s right with the World...
gridsleep

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:58 pm Reply with quote
cloud8100 wrote:
When I read mad scientists, I automatically thought of Muraki from Descendents of Darkness. Then I remembered he was a doctor -_- lol

So was Josef Mengele.
IanC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Ah, Nina. I ship her with Table-kun.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:18 am Reply with quote
That crazy scientist:

This sports team:

kineticmedic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Rather disappointed that Doctor West didn't make it into the list, then again I suppose Demonbane isn't widely known or remembered....

-KM
Sorrior

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:32 am Reply with quote
So I'm the only one here who thought of Ken Sanada from DUAL! Parallel Trouble Adventure?

Guys a freaking nutjob...ok maybe just hilariously insane but still pretty high up there on lists o mad scientists that aren't evil in my book.
kineticmedic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:55 am Reply with quote
Sorrior wrote:
So I'm the only one here who thought of Ken Sanada from DUAL! Parallel Trouble Adventure?

Guys a freaking nutjob...ok maybe just hilariously insane but still pretty high up there on lists o mad scientists that aren't evil in my book.

Damn, forgot about him... yeah he was crazy.
fanime99

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:25 am Reply with quote
I-chan is almost as mad as they come, even if he is a good guy (although he mistreats his junior horribly).

Or maybe the list's author hasn't watched Angelic Layer?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4