• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Macross Frontier Film Box Adds New Footage, English Subtitles

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Nagabuchi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:36 am Reply with quote
reanimator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:51 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Nayu wrote:
This is why you can't have nice things.

I spent over $100 each on a number of movies (The Nanoha ones in particular) and they are far superior to the second rate releases we get over here. So, enjoy mediocre releases cause you won't pay for quality.

I fail to see how a bunch of stupid, cheap promotional crap shoved into a box and a bunch of no-budget behind-the-scenes features create "quality".

Is it just me or are you just incensed that you can't buy the show at your price range? If all of those craps are in your price range, I bet you would praise it like the best thing since sliced bread. You see extras as cheap crap, but I have feeling that you either don't know or care about the cost associated with producing those craps you're referring to.
Cptn_Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:45 am Reply with quote
reanimator wrote:

Is it just me or are you just incensed that you can't buy the show at your price range? If all of those craps are in your price range, I bet you would praise it like the best thing since sliced bread. You see extras as cheap crap, but I have feeling that you either don't know or care about the cost associated with producing those craps you're referring to.

Is it just me or people can't simply understand that even if you have the money to buy those expensive sets doesn't mean that price is justified.
Let me tell you this as an example. The Gundam UC blu-rays put out by Bandai cost an arm and a leg. Now what would you say if the those same blu-rays came out 100% the same (and I'm talking about the special editions with the o-card, the translated booklet, and the promotional postercard) but costing less than half what the "japanese" version goes by ? You think it's impossible ? Yeah no. Italy is publishing the Gundam UC dvd and blu-rays (both special editions mind you) with japanese and italian dubs just fine. The only difference with the original version is that they cost 30 $ for the dvd version and 40$ for the blu-ray version. And this is before discounts.
So tell me again how is 90$ justified for the japanese version again ? Rolling Eyes
On some level otakus are idiots. They have this "sentimental" connnection to firms that just don't care about your well being. You're not being a better citizen by spending copious amounts of money for a freaking blu-ray. And nothing is more evident than when you get localised editions that are 100% equal to the japanese versions but cost less than half.
SaveRobotech

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:43 am Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
You can credit this to Satelight pushing for that screening of the second movie at Japan Expo in Paris last year in honor of Kawamori being the guest. That's what got the ball rolling.

That is true, allot of credit goes to Satelight. One correction the Wings of Farewell was actually screened at this years Japan Expo in Paris.

Unlike the Mac Plus Blu-ray release there will be no "bromance" or any other nonsense in either of the Frontier Movie subs. I can't wait to receive my copy.
DogCaragnafog

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:21 pm Reply with quote
[quote="The Nagabuchi"]CD Japan Preorder link
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=BLJS-93014[/quote]Will there be a preorder listing on amazon?
dragonmastr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:47 pm Reply with quote
The Nagabuchi wrote:

Here's AmiAmi's preorder link:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GAME-0010432
caragnafog dog

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:01 pm Reply with quote
dragonmastr wrote:
The Nagabuchi wrote:

Any idea if amazon.jp will have a preorder listing up?
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:08 pm Reply with quote
SaveRobotech wrote:
samuelp wrote:
You can credit this to Satelight pushing for that screening of the second movie at Japan Expo in Paris last year in honor of Kawamori being the guest. That's what got the ball rolling.

That is true, allot of credit goes to Satelight. One correction the Wings of Farewell was actually screened at this years Japan Expo in Paris.

Unlike the Mac Plus Blu-ray release there will be no "bromance" or any other nonsense in either of the Frontier Movie subs. I can't wait to receive my copy.

Sayonara no Tsubasa _is_ the second movie. The first is Utsuwari no Utahime (The False Songstress).
caragnafog dog

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:09 pm Reply with quote
SaveRobotech wrote:
samuelp wrote:

Were there a lot of things wrong with the macross plus subtitles?
Darkshader

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:45 pm Reply with quote
I already pre-ordered mine this morning at amiami. Very Happy No one is going to stop me ... Lolz.

I'm planning to import 5 more animes from japan this year. I just started my anime collection last black friday. And i'm picky when it comes to my anime, and just buy those with higher reviews. It took me 6 weeks to study and create a list of animes that was released starting on 2010 with reviews and prices from rightstuf and amazon before I put out my money.

I'm really a huge fan of macross since I was kid in the 80's, so hopefully bandai will continue to subtitle the other series.
Nayu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:46 pm Reply with quote
dragonmastr wrote:
The Nagabuchi wrote:

And preordered. AmiAmi's service is good.
caragnafog dog

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:33 pm Reply with quote
I don't mean to be obnoxious about this, but does it strike anyone else as odd that amazon.jp doesn't have this listed yet? The TV BD box is available for pre-order and they usually have stuff up at the same time as cd.japan.
eight_car

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Hell yeah, I gotta get me this!!!!
reanimator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:35 am Reply with quote
Cptn_Taylor wrote:
reanimator wrote:

Is it just me or people can't simply understand that even if you have the money to buy those expensive sets doesn't mean that price is justified.
Let me tell you this as an example. The Gundam UC blu-rays put out by Bandai cost an arm and a leg. Now what would you say if the those same blu-rays came out 100% the same (and I'm talking about the special editions with the o-card, the translated booklet, and the promotional postercard) but costing less than half what the "japanese" version goes by ? You think it's impossible ? Yeah no. Italy is publishing the Gundam UC dvd and blu-rays (both special editions mind you) with japanese and italian dubs just fine. The only difference with the original version is that they cost 30 $ for the dvd version and 40$ for the blu-ray version. And this is before discounts.
So tell me again how is 90$ justified for the japanese version again ? Rolling Eyes
On some level otakus are idiots. They have this "sentimental" connnection to firms that just don't care about your well being. You're not being a better citizen by spending copious amounts of money for a freaking blu-ray. And nothing is more evident than when you get localised editions that are 100% equal to the japanese versions but cost less than half.

I don't think you understand anime economy at all. Did you even bother to read Anime Economy feature on ANN?

animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2012-03-07

Please read it and come up with better argument. Your comparison is just another Japanese-anime-DVD-pricing-is-wrong argument.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:41 am Reply with quote
Cptn_Taylor wrote:
reanimator wrote:

You seem not to grasp that in this case, you are not buying two movies. You are buying a collectors set that happens to include two movies.

It just so happens that the movies included in this collectors set are the first and only want to get these two movies in English. So if you want em bad enough, you buy the collectors set.

Again, you are not paying $90+ dollars for two movies, you're buying a box of trinkets. Its up to you if its worth it to yourself to pay that much if all your care about is the movies.

Stop thinking of this set as just two movies. It is not two movies.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5