• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Is the order a rabbit? (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 10:

Rize never ceases to entertain me in this series, she's always got something interesting to show every episode. I'm glad they managed to resolve the drama in the second half of the episode too. We love you too, Cocoa.

Rize was a natural superstar imo though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:42 am Reply with quote
The commoner studies club? Did they just end up in Shomin sample?

Grabbing an acquaintance and trying to pretend that you swapped bodies to get out of responsibilities, now that is creative.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:56 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

And so it ends, not with a bang but with a whimper. I was just trying to sound cool, I don't quite know if the above is fitting, but it finished on a low energy note like the series in general. Nothing too shocking and such this season, we had Cocoa's sister, Syaro did not have to keep her lifestyle a secret all season, and my memory is a little murky compared to the first, but we saw more of Chino's friends.

Actually I had a thought during this episode, and it has been of something that has confused me during the season. Where are they? I noticed that the map for the "Ciste hunt" used latin like letters but still Japanese words, although there were still English words there, later you see cards like a coupon clearly in Japanese, and then looking at the letter Cocoa sent look more English with Mocha even speaking English for a line. So confusing. Also a bit a late to still have a problem with it.

For a rating I will go with Decent, same with the first season with little different, but they did manage to not make it feel to stale. Kind of like how Kiniro Mosaic managed, but it does not stand up well to say Non Non Biyori. I don't lose my time watching these shows, but they never really have what you would call a definitive end to them.
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:42 pm Reply with quote
I don't think that this show is even comparable to Non Non Biyori, the second feels more like a realistic slice of life show in rural Japan, characterizing in great detail and cuteness the contemplative lives of (the few) rural Japanese children.

While this show felt to me just like a "raw cuteness shoot in the vein", it has the cutest everything: character designs, voice acting (super moe blob style, Non Non Biyori had a more realistic voice acting outside of Renge), setting (the cutest little German style town you can imagine) and even color pallet. The show obviously was not supposed to represent anything close to a "location" but it's an imaginary place made with the objective of maximizing the kawaii feeling.

Since it certainly succeeded in achieving that I gave it a high rating but I notice that I am generally generous with my ratings. But there are problems: the plots and characters were not interesting in themselves besides their cuteness they did not feel like "human" (mainly because they where not supposed to feel human, unlike the characters in Non Non Biyori).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:34 am Reply with quote
BLOOM (season 3), Episode 12 (finale)

I was watched this third season, but it kind of felt like it avoided doing really big things that would alter the status quo enough to warrant it. Cocoa's sister I don't think appeared, nothing moves on the front of grandpa being a rabbit. There was talk about the three younger characters graduating and joining some of the elder ones at school, but I am not sure it reached it. We did have a bit though on Chino's mother, and I do think the slight appearance in the Halloween episode was good, the Halloween episode was probably the best in the use of cuteness.

Generally, I don't have a lot to say. It did try and create a bunch of new scenarios, but few of them felt like they had a big impact that it got me that much interest. Still some points for that cuteness. So my rating for the third season is the same as the rest of the seasons, Decent (6/10), it is cute enough to not feel like it is wasting my time, but it is starting to ware itself a bit thin without really anything to really bite with, even the five years after the previous season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4