• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Attack on Titan: Part I (Live-Action Movie)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawkbit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
{If I have to edit you one more time because of over-quoting, then I'll simply delete the entire post. ~nobahn}

Oh. Um...sorry, i guess. I didn't know i was doing anything wrong, new here. Will remember next time : /
Raebo101

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:53 pm Reply with quote
JesuOtaku wrote:
spoiler[(The way the movie implies that he and Mikasa have a sexual relationship is when he orders her to eat an apple that he has already half-eaten, and then he holds her while she eats it in front of Eren. So yeah, there you go.)]

spoiler[Ick, ick, ICK! Mikasa, what have they done to you? Crying or Very sad
]
I know this is a whole different thing, but if that's the case, I'd rather that NOT be Mikasa. If Shikishima exists in this movie, why couldn't Eren have a different girlfriend? This is a different Mikasa, I get that, but STILL...
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Hawkbit wrote:
JesuOtaku--

Really? That's good, i am glad he is the ass he is made out to be. I like that the movie only implies his sexual relationship with Mikasa rather than saying he definitely has one then. Makes it that much more bearable, because i was seriously finding the whole thing icky. Maybe he's just using his power over Mikasa to get under Eren's skin. I hope to hear of her awakening in the second movie. Thanks for the info!

{If I have to edit you one more time because of over-quoting, then I'll simply delete the entire post. ~nobahn}

It is supposed to be icky, because what was implied is the truth.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Regarding Shikishima: I had the impression that he spoiler[wants to put together a team of the best Titan slayers he can muster and that his way of doing so was to find rookies passionate about killing Titans and who believe strongly in freedom, then egg them on to see how much natural talent they have in kiling Titans. If someone fails and gets eaten, he moves on to the next candidate, and Mikasa is the only person so far who has passed his test by staying alive. It'd explain why he was so eager to explain his worldview to Eren and why he spent the entire time in the climactic fight watching Eren and doing absolutely nothing else--he saw potential in Eren as a team member.]

It wouldn't make Shikishima any less of a jerk, but I don't think he's a bad guy. More like a neutral party whose actions happen to aid humanity's survival.

Raebo101 wrote:
spoiler[Ick, ick, ICK! Mikasa, what have they done to you? Crying or Very sad
]
I know this is a whole different thing, but if that's the case, I'd rather that NOT be Mikasa. If Shikishima exists in this movie, why couldn't Eren have a different girlfriend? This is a different Mikasa, I get that, but STILL...

spoiler[He did. The single woman...Hiura was her name, I think...flirted with Eren briefly and were about to have sex, before a Titan ate her.]
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:12 am Reply with quote
So this movie adaptation made changes from the original, and if Hollywood makes its own adaptations, they're also allowed to make changes from the original.

leafy sea dragon wrote:

spoiler[He did. The single woman...Hiura was her name, I think...flirted with Eren briefly and were about to have sex, before a Titan ate her.]

Seems Eren is really experiencing the horror movie tropes here, from being NTRed to almost Death by Sex. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4