• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Our Most Anticipated Summer 2017 Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaccide

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Is Little Witch Academia already dead in the water since it's being released today on Netflix? At least the first half is. I'd love to see ANN review it on an episode by episode basis like it does with other anime, though this could be a review every couple of days instead of weekly.

AV Club does this with other Netflix and bingeable shows. They do one review of the series first for those who just want an overview. Then they follow that up with an episode by episode review that people can watch along and comment with. To my mind it enhances the viewing experience that can get lonely when you just binge something in a dark room.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:07 am Reply with quote
Action Heroine, Kakegurui, Knight’s & Magic, and Princess Principal all seem like they might be worth keeping an eye on, but I'm not going to commit to anything when there are already four returning shows I want to watch this season (My Hero Academia, Re:Creators, Rage of Bahamut, and of course my most anticipated series, Teekyu 9).

iamtooawesome wrote:
At least this season is not looking bleak for the female audience, sadly the last 2 seasons are heavy on the male market it was only 'Royal Tutor' made me stay and prolong my dying subscription to crunchyroll.

Personally, I thought there was a TON of shoujo and josei this past season: Royal Tutor, Anonymous Noise, Starmyu, Natsume, Kenka Bancho Otome... I'm sure I'm forgetting some. Obviously, none of them received as much attention as Attack on Titan and My Hero Academia, but I'd argue that even something like Yuri on Ice would have been overshadowed if it aired concurrently with those two shows.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4