• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: High Guardian Spice, Onyx Equinox Creators Discuss the Shows' Low Budgets

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luisedgarf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:36 pm Reply with quote
The only serious problem with Onyx Equinox was the fact that the show was basically done for Mexicans and Latinos in mind, and that's the main reason why the show failed, since the show wasn't targeted to Americans in mind, due to the continuous references about Aztec and Mayan cultures, which is pretty alien stuff for Americans.
BonusStage

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:25 pm Reply with quote
luisedgarf wrote:
The only serious problem with Onyx Equinox was the fact that the show was basically done for Mexicans and Latinos in mind, and that's the main reason why the show failed, since the show wasn't targeted to Americans in mind, due to the continuous references about Aztec and Mayan cultures, which is pretty alien stuff for Americans.

Has any western Crunchyroll show been successful though? I can't think of any unless you count RWBY which is Rooster Teeth, and even they've failed to recapture RWBY's success with all the shows they've put out
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:03 am Reply with quote
BonusStage wrote:

Has any western Crunchyroll show been successful though? I can't think of any unless you count RWBY which is Rooster Teeth, and even they've failed to recapture RWBY's success with all the shows they've put out

To be fair, it’s a very small sample size. If you count the RT shows, RWBY is the only one that can be considered an unmitigated success.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4