• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: All the Winners of the 7th Annual Crunchyroll Anime Awards

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustMonika

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Eddy2 wrote:
Ryuji-Dono wrote:
Eddy2 wrote:
Anya and Yor never should've been listed as supporting characters. They clearly cheated by putting them there.

Demon Slayer for best animation? Who the hell thought it was a good idea to put it in that category? That's just plain unfair.

*sigh* Can't wait to see these idiots pull this exact same shit again with the Swordsmith Village arc for this year's awards…

You should know that:

Overlooked doesn't always equal a hidden genius gem. And some things are popular for things that can attract people.

No shit Sherlock. What makes you think I didn't already know that? Shows like Demon Slayer have to take up a lot of spots, I get that, but putting it in Best Animation is just plain bogus because everyone knows it will immediately win in that category.

And what do you mean by "a shame about the complainers though"? Are you actually defending these shitty results? Why?

I voted Akebi's Sailor Uniform for best animation though.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Gem-Bug wrote:
Nice to see Call of the Night on here a couple of times!

It was nice to have HIDIVE representation, but they didn't win any award.
WhoDatPokemon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Saeryen wrote:
WhoDatPokemon wrote:
paulchaested wrote:
Not gonna lie, watching some of y’all get so pointlessly furious over a silly popularity contest is hilarious.

I agree but I also think that it can be fun to argue about this kind of stuff as long as you're aware of it.

Things like this often make me aware that some titles won't be getting the recognition they deserve anytime soon. One franchise that deserves a lot better (and more licenses) is Pretty Cure, and seeing that Delicious Party Pretty Cure didn't even get nominated makes the future of licensing look not so good. I'm not losing hope, though.

Oh yeah, Pretty Cure is consistently great but most people won't even give it a chance, at least in my experience. It's a shame, honestly, I agree that it deserves better.
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Angel M Cazares wrote:
Gem-Bug wrote:
Nice to see Call of the Night on here a couple of times!

It was nice to have HIDIVE representation, but they didn't win any award.

Being nominated in two categories where Cyberpunk wasn't is still cool though(Ending Sequence and Romance).
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:55 pm Reply with quote
There are and always will be a mainstream appeal circle jerk but Eren as the best anime character or 2022 or even the best character in Part 2 of AoT S4 made me laugh. The only reason I looked at the list after hearing about his win on Twitter. Can´t wait till most of his voters regret this when Part 3 finishes. I am glad that no one made the anime Razzies but a reversal of fortune for that show would be all but guaranteed in just one year. Eren, what a man you are.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Many samey-samey contenders; some surprises

residentgrigo wrote:

There are and always will be a mainstream appeal circle jerk but Eren as the best anime character or 2022 or even the best character in Part 2 of AoT S4 made me laugh. The only reason I looked at the list after hearing about his win on Twitter. Can´t wait till most of his voters regret this when Part 3 finishes. I am glad that no one made the anime Razzies but a reversal of fortune for that show would be all but guaranteed in just one year. Eren, what a man you are.

https://www.cbr.com/popular-unlikable-anime-characters/

Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:42 pm Reply with quote
I'd be happier for Spy x Family but I was left underwhelmed by the second half which mostly became a standard family sitcom after the premier episodes. Seriously where did the spy aspect of the show go? Looking forward to Season 2 if they hopefully bring back the spy element too. I get it's also about the family but don't forget the SPY in that title. Lycoris Recoil deserved a few more wins over Spy X Family. Plus I would have subbed it's pretty generic sounding themes for Healer Girl's themes. Probably would have done the same for Kaguya-sama because none of the others besides Love Dramatica have compared.

Disappointed by the snubbing of Shadows House S2 (great its OP was nominated but disappointed the ED wasn't) and Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road should have been nominated for something, best Fantasy would have been fine, I think it was one of the more refreshing isekai shows in a while but not AOTY material. If not fantasy then at the very least for its ED theme.

Really tired of AOT being up for nominations every year and grabbing the nods every year and if CR is really stretching out the "final" season for a hundred more parts it really looks like they're just rigging it for their golden child to keep on winning.

Continuing Series seems redundant when said continuing series also get nominated for AOTY...
ShanaChanTT

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:38 am Reply with quote
Gonna need to watch this Blade runner to know what they hype is
Toyokaaaa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:23 am Reply with quote
All those award shows completely ignoring SasaMiya is hilarious.
Everlasting Coconut

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:48 am Reply with quote
Wish Made in Abyss won best score. Kevin Penkin really hit it out of the park with season 3.

Also, this is a good reminder for me to watch Cyberpunk Edgerunners. Even my barber was talking to me about it the other day Laughing

tywhoppity wrote:
Normies be eatin' good this year..... Wink

People who use the word "normie" unironically got some growing up to do.
Brack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:34 am Reply with quote
Yuki_Kun45 wrote:
I'd be happier for Spy x Family but I was left underwhelmed by the second half which mostly became a standard family sitcom after the premier episodes. Seriously where did the spy aspect of the show go?.

It was in episodes 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 and 25. There was only one episode where spy content was absent.
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:42 am Reply with quote
Another two thing that bother me are:

1. As a lo of commentator said, a vewry odd division of primary and secondary characters. Like thay though "we only have this much MC slots so lets move hove of them to secondary ones just so they can participate".

2. I get that they made only one cathegory for VAs and each language dub actors instead of dividing by sex, to avoid any complaints from vocal minority concerned about gendes. But was it a best solution? There are pretty few known transgender/agender/etc. VAs. And it halved the chance of any of thr participants to win. At leat give more trophys to compemsate.

Not to mention while I am not one of Yuki Kaji haters, I think he did not deerve the win. At least 3 other participants did a way better performance. And I saw a few similar complaijnts about dub actors here.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:11 am Reply with quote
Yuki_Kun45 wrote:
I'd be happier for Spy x Family but I was left underwhelmed by the second half which mostly became a standard family sitcom after the premier episodes. Seriously where did the spy aspect of the show go?

If it is any consolation this nomination only took into account the first 12 episodes. Episodes 13-24 missed the cut off point because they aired in Fall.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Angel M Cazares wrote:
Yuki_Kun45 wrote:
I'd be happier for Spy x Family but I was left underwhelmed by the second half which mostly became a standard family sitcom after the premier episodes. Seriously where did the spy aspect of the show go?

If it is any consolation this nomination only took into account the first 12 episodes. Episodes 13-24 missed the cut off point because they aired in Fall.

Really? That's kind of weird. Usually, awards shows cover titles in a calender year.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Somer-_- wrote:
I don't really understand how Anya classifies as a supporting character or how Spy X Family wins best new series over Cyberpunk and then Cyberpunk wins anime of the year over Spy X Family.

I have to wonder if they didn't exclude Cyberpunk from other categories after it was decided to be Anime of the Year. Otherwise, that is just strange. In addition to what you pointed out, it lost best original anime to Recoil, and it lost best action anime to Demon Slayer.

If they intentionally did this so one anime didn't sweep everything, I'm kind of fine with that.

Demon Slayer as best fantasy over Mushoku... wtf.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5