• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyo's Youth Healthy Development Council Looks at Yosuga no Sora

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wayne-kun

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:41 pm Reply with quote
I think I have finally lost my mind. Good bye happy dreams for I will never have you again. Because there exists a subsection of anime about insest and more so that people say they need their pure insest cause half relations are just fakein' and are not in the true sprit of the glorious true insest? We are truly in the hell mouth people, it's the darkest of days.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:

It's what you creeps are saying. Creeps. The lot of you.

You are lumping an awful lot of people together and assigning them views they haven't expressed.

My opinion on most incest plotlines has been pretty..."meh". I didn't like Koi Kaze, KissXSis was terrible for reasons unrelated to incest, I intensely disliked Yosuga no Sora's omnibus format, and I could not possibly care less about AkiSora.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Come on Zac, be fair. Chagen46 did specifically state he wanted to ban incest series(though he later retracted his ban comment), so it's not like his post was just a moral objection. And people had largely moved on from Chagen46's post to the law itself now, so at this point your comment almost seems like you're just trying to rile the incest-anime lovers up.

I know there are a lot of people who are just really defensive about what they like and can't stand the thought that others might find it creepy/disturbing, but there are some who just genuinely don't like the idea of actually banning works even if they find them creepy/disturbing. And it's a bit unfair to label them all as creeps just because they object to a post that specifically says "I was hoping they'd ban this trash."

Last edited by Mad_Scientist on Wed May 30, 2012 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Zac wrote:

It's what you creeps are saying. Creeps. The lot of you.

You are lumping an awful lot of people together and assigning them views they haven't expressed.

My opinion on most incest plotlines has been pretty..."meh". I didn't like Koi Kaze, KissXSis was terrible for reasons unrelated to incest, I intensely disliked Yosuga no Sora's omnibus format, and I could not possibly care less about AkiSora.

Okay.

It's what those creeps are saying. Creeps. The lot of them. But not Fencedude, because he was 'meh' on all these incest shows he watched.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:48 pm Reply with quote
wayne-kun wrote:
I think I have finally lost my mind. Good bye happy dreams for I will never have you again. Because there exists a subsection of anime about insest and more so that people say they need their pure insest cause half relations are just fakein' and are not in the true sprit of the glorious true insest? We are truly in the hell mouth people, it's the darkest of days.

I think its more the opinion that if you are going to do an incest plotline, actually have the stones to do it, and not cop-out at the last minute. In that case, the entire incest aspect is entirely pointless, so why even bother including it?
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:

It's what those creeps are saying. Creeps. The lot of them. But not Fencedude, because he was 'meh' on all these incest shows he watched.

I watched 3 episodes of KoiKaze, the art irritated me, didn't watch any more. (are you going to go on a crusade against Koi Kaze? For real?)

I watched the first arc (non-incest!) of Yosuga no Sora, it was ok, but again, Omnibus format

I watched like 2/3 of KissXSis (which isn't incest, except the aforementioned Ako/Riko makeout scene in a later OVA), dropped because there were way too many piss jokes.

Never watched AkiSora.

What else...oh, Akane-iro no Somaru Saka. He went for the wrong girl, even disregarding the incest aspect.
wayne-kun

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:52 pm Reply with quote
I wonder what the ulternite dimension Where people defend shows like lupin and kids on the slope with this much passion. That would be pretty rad. Like "Oh my god I'm so moe for that hand animation at that drum part"
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:54 pm Reply with quote
wayne-kun wrote:
I wonder what the ulternite dimension Where people defend shows like lupin and kids on the slope with this much passion. That would be pretty rad. Like "Oh my god I'm so moe for that hand animation at that drum part"

From what I can tell the "jealously and angrily defend every single fetish show aimed at otaku" crowd is too busy spitting every nasty homophobic thing they can possibly think of at Kids on the Slope.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:54 pm Reply with quote
wayne-kun wrote:

Why don't you take that burden upon yourself?

Also, I don't see anyone making moral decrees about people who like those shows, so why is that even relevant?

Quote:
spitting every nasty homophobic thing they can possibly think of at Kids on the Slope.

Oh, now you have me curious. What, precisely, are you referring to?
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:55 pm Reply with quote
wayne-kun wrote:

There's little need to defend something that's not being attacked, and I'm not sure what reason people would have to attack Kids on the Slope. As for the new Lupin, some people have been defending the show and it's heavy use of nudity/sex with a fair amount of passion.
wayne-kun

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
wayne-kun wrote:

From what I can tell the "jealously and angrily defend every single fetish show aimed at otaku" crowd is too busy spitting every nasty homophobic thing they can possibly think of at Kids on the Slope.

Really? That's too bad cause it is a really good show...I just wish people would rave about good shows about how good they are not about how hard the girls make them.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:

Quote:
spitting every nasty homophobic thing they can possibly think of at Kids on the Slope.

Plenty of "UGH THIS GAY CRAP" stuff about the show gets retweeted on Twitter, I understand this is primarily what /a/ is saying about the show (although it's all "ironic" I'm sure!!) and then there's your comrade Bobby Banagher with the whammy.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:05 pm Reply with quote
I was only really irritated by Change46's call for a ban, a word that I tend to react badly to, and his trying to preemptively attack the idea contrary opinions.

However, I didn't take very kindly to his 'moral object' because it struck me as more than simple; it seemed like crude, emotional moralizing and wasn't addressing the fetishization of incest for the entertainment of others. I don't want to watch any fetishistic incest anime and while I have an instinctive, conditioned distaste for the whole idea, but I feel like really strong, absolute condemnations need a better thought out basis.

Fencedude5609 wrote:
Quote:

It must be something happening elsewhere. (I think I heard it alleged about 4chan, but that might just be my imagination making a very plausible inference) It's gotten almost nothing but love in the ANN thread.

Last edited by Surrender Artist on Wed May 30, 2012 5:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:

Plenty of "UGH THIS GAY CRAP" stuff about the show gets retweeted on Twitter, I understand this is primarily what /a/ is saying about the show (although it's all "ironic" I'm sure!!) and then there's your comrade Bobby Banagher with the whammy.

Wow, and here I thought I couldn't hate him even more than I do already. Terrible that there are still people who think like that.

Granted I haven't been on /a/ in a while (very, very long while...), but my impression from others has been that they generally like the show. Sorting out actual homophobia from general 4chan lingo is a bit of an art though, so who knows.

My general 4chan hangout has nothing to say about the show, for reasons that should be obvious.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:

Quote:

Interesting. But do you realize that Fencedude's response to Bobby Banagher's posts in the recent answerman thread was ultimately "Excuse me, I'm going to be off in the corner crying," right? I mean, you quoted a response to this yourself, so you must know that Fencedude and Bobby aren't really comrades.

Look, I know you see so many defensive posts by otaku that they probably run together, and sometimes you have a hard time remembering who posted what. And it's easy to see "otaku who's a raging homophobe and is attacking Kids on the Slope" and "otaku who's a big incest fan and way too defensive about his likes" and "otaku who's a big yuri fan and gets too emotional and defensive about what he likes," and feel they are are the same. But they aren't, at least not always.

Last edited by Mad_Scientist on Wed May 30, 2012 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 5 of 16