• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sword Art Online (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
All this Beater business seems like it could easily have been avoided by explaining spoiler[Diabel was a beta tester], but I suppose I'm still missing something. Still more fun than the time I actually spent playing WoW, though(I played maybe three days before dropping that game).

From what I can tell the thing is even IF it was explained that spoiler[Diabel was a beta tester, Everyone would still hold suspicions against one another and try to kill each other. plus just saying he was a beta tester would have landed the knoght guy in more suspision than postive light *as portrayed in the LN's apparently* so doing that would have only held things off for a bit.]

I think
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:45 pm Reply with quote
From what i remember, the ep2 event/boss fight is not even in the novel vol 1 or 2 that i read couple years ago. It's not even in the manga that i read like 1 months ago either.

It's just a side story. Rush or not, I don't really want them spend more than 1 ep on a side story since this anime only have 25 eps. If it's just a continuous anime like naruto then that's another story.

i just hope ch 16.5 is in anime or you get it when you buy the bluray lol
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:38 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
From what i remember, the ep2 event/boss fight is not even in the novel vol 1 or 2 that i read couple years ago. It's not even in the manga that i read like 1 months ago either.

It's just a side story. Rush or not, I don't really want them spend more than 1 ep on a side story since this anime only have 25 eps. If it's just a continuous anime like naruto then that's another story.

Maybe the episode came from this http://myanimelist.net/manga/37923/Sword_Art_Online:_Hoshinaki_Yoru_no_Aria? So I guess you would be right on this being a side story.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:43 am Reply with quote
@ Spotlesseden
Just try to enjoy the ride, if you keep comparing it to the source, you will just ruin it for yourself. An adaption should not be an exact copy of the original as different things work better in different mediums, and differences actually show better creativity.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:01 am Reply with quote
Yuki Kajiura never disappoints in her soundtracks and pulled it off beautiful once again this second episode.

I want her autograph someday tbh.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Riddley

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:07 am Reply with quote
Dusky's right, trying to compare the anime to the manga or LNs is only going to piss you off. It's like trying to compare the LotR movies to the books, or the HP movies to the books.

Best to just enjoy the anime as a stand alone. Keep in mind that, if done well, the anime has to take what's in the source material and condense it into 25 eps. Sometimes in order to do that, they have to play with the story a bit to get the same themes, emotions, etc across.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:32 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
@ Spotlesseden
Just try to enjoy the ride, if you keep comparing it to the source, you will just ruin it for yourself. An adaption should not be an exact copy of the original as different things work better in different mediums, and differences actually show better creativity.

I just have to say I partly disagree with this.

Simply because an adaptions job should be to adapt and putting in differences dosn't always work out for the better, not everythings a 2003 fullmetal alchemist. In the case of this, I haven't read the novel for it yet, but I have to agree that I don't want side stories put in if they aren't important. In this case I can see where they were going (even if they took a few mis-steps on its own merits) but I'd rather go through the story correctly than it being cut and pasted together.

Not to start a argument or any of that nonsense, but after seeing the comment I couldn't help but toss it out there.
Veers

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Yuki Kajiura never disappoints in her soundtracks and pulled it off beautiful once again this second episode.

I want her autograph someday tbh.

SAO's OST is still distinctly Kajiura (during the kobold battle it was like super obvious Kajiura music), but it's a little more subdued than some of her more identifiable works. Kajiura's music imprints a certain style on whatever show or game it touches, and usually it works well, but I was a little worried it might overpower SAO. So far it hasn't, which is nice. I'm enjoying it.

At her concert at AX a couple weeks ago she mentioned SAO briefly (audience cheering) but said they couldn't play any of the music at the concert that evening (audience awwwwwing). She also expressed how she was looking forward to working on something a little less "heavy" than Fate/Zero, heh.
Jklmn42

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:07 pm Reply with quote
This was honestly my most anticipated release and I will say I was not disappointed the animation was great and after the episode I was
Left dying more so I even read the book that night the soundtracks were perfect and I would give the first episode a 10/10 and all that's left now is to hope that it has this kind of quality all the way through.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:09 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
@ Spotlesseden

hmm, i never said they should be a the exact copy. I just don't want them to waste eps on extra story that's not even in the main storyline.
They only have 25 eps. They will have to cut stuffs from the main story if they spent alot of time on the extra story.

If this a continuous anime like naruto, they i would say they should spend more time on the floor boss events.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Well they needed to develop the characters, the fact that both of them are kind of lone fighters, that for some reason may be drawn to each other, and work well together. While it might have been easier in the novel to show this through words/thoughts, showing it here through this passing was probably a good way. Again you are saying that they should stick to what the novels had, and some of what they need to convey may be best done in parts done differently than the original source material.

And I think that the passing of the first floor after such a period of time, would be a pretty big event. I would think you would be happy to get something that did not pop up when you read the novel/manga.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:29 am Reply with quote
Here's a preview of the 3rd episode "The Red-Nosed Reindeer"

EDIT: Fixed. Thanks for the correction 4nBlue.

Last edited by MrTerrorist on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
4nBlue

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:38 am Reply with quote
MrTerrorist wrote:

Link leads to second episode preview. Third episode preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f50DvGUwE6I
誤称

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:57 am Reply with quote
Ooooh, that short haired girl is cute. I hope she has a nice voice.
Key

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:01 am Reply with quote
No sign of Asuna in the next ep, though. That's somewhat disappointing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 5 of 274