• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Advent Children Delayed, Possible Theatrical Release

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:52 pm Reply with quote
still think fansubs are so bad? Wink
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:16 pm Reply with quote
I love this. I love this freaking franchise so much.

I can just imagine, decades from now, when hovercars will be whizzing by overhead and the Playstation 79 is the hot new game console, you can have the pleasure of your grandchildren running up to you saying, "When's Advent Children coming out?" And you just don't have the heart to break the illusions in their heads, because that would be like telling them that there is no Santa Claus.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:21 pm Reply with quote
The pending release of Advent Children is officially the comedy hit of the season. It's really quite humorous seeing people get so worked up over the newest release date, only to have it pushed back 1-3 months the weekend before it's supposed to be coming out. Not making any sort of jab at the Final Fantasy fanbase, but it's just an amusing spectacle to behold.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:
I can just imagine, decades from now, when hovercars will be whizzing by overhead and the Playstation 79 is the hot new game console, you can have the pleasure of your grandchildren running up to you saying, "When's Advent Children coming out?" And you just don't have the heart to break the illusions in their heads, because that would be like telling them that there is no Santa Claus.
Yeah, I was pretty much thinking the thing the same thing. It's getting to point where fans that were waiting had already download it and people that hadn't download it are living under a pretty comfortable rock and won't have bought anyway.

Keep on digging SquareEnix, keep on digging. Either is some probelm in the company the way they keep delying prodects, they really love to see how upset the fans, or they know we'll buy it anyway, so why not delay the [poop] out KH 2, FF 12, and FF 7 AC. Delays don't make the heart go fonder, it just bugs the heck out of it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
DJ Ranma S

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:15 pm Reply with quote
This is all bs.

I can tell you right now that the dates that TRSI, GameStop, and other locations have are INVALID.

As of now the date is TBA. Most places are just sticking a date on it and just changing it as per needed.

To answer your question as to how I know. Just listen to this podcast- http://www.livejournal.com/users/olr_podcast/12160.html

And Loki, the person who announced it, also announced on an earlier podcast several weeks ago that FFVII:AC was being delayed from September to November. He also reported it on adventchildren.net. And about 2 days later a release was sent out from Square Enix that the movie was going to be delayed.
ferrarimanf355

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:12 pm Reply with quote
B.K. wrote:
Square Enix recently said there will be an important Compliation of Final Fantasy VII presentation at E3. From the look of things, maybe they're going to announce the release date for the English version of Advent Children then.

Probably the big FFVII remake spoiler[for the Xbox 360. ]
Hey, a guy can dream, right? Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:05 am Reply with quote
Sort of reminds me of the Zeta Gundam boxset delays a year ago. Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Haru to Ashura

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:57 am Reply with quote
ferrarimanf355 wrote:

Probably the big FFVII remake spoiler[for the Xbox 360. ]
Hey, a guy can dream, right? Cool

Just don't get your hopes up. Laughing

My friends have already downloaded fansubs or imported the R2 reigon. So I really don't give a damn anymore..I've seen the movie 2 or 3 times. Square is digging their own grave very, very slowly and agonizingly, like an ostrich with it's head stuck in the dirt.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Bahamut God

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:41 am Reply with quote
I'm thinking that these inch by inch delays are an attempt to keep people from using bittorrent to watch it. I know a few people who said they would wait till the R1 release and see it on dvd, in suport of the project. They figgured they could hide from spoilers since the R1 release was only suposed to be a month away. (originally) They've mostly all seen it by now. I knew my will power wouldn't hold out, so I've seen it a few times already myself.

People don't like being fooled though, if this was the plan it's likely going to backfire. I'm pretty disapointed myself, I really want to see this take off and spur more projects like this one. (FF6 prequel would be awsome.)
Ataru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:00 am Reply with quote
DJ Ranma S wrote:
This is all bs.
Laughing First off, welcome aboard. Second, the link does work, but here's the actual site. Third, Orange Lounge Radio? Who are they, and how are they in the know more then your over the top FF 7 fan that eats, drinks, breathes Final Fantasy. TBA is pretty much too far to tell, but I have feeling they are just holding till FF 12. To be fair, I'll wait for SE to crawl out of their hole, bow, and say "!$%# this, next month Japanese with subtitles only.", and then they will after seeing their shadow, run back in. Heck, the Phantom had more good news then FF7 AC.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
DJ Ranma S

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:09 am Reply with quote
Well Ataru, when one of the hosts works for the distribution company that releases videogames, you tend to hear it first hand before anyone else does. ^^

And honestly, I think most overtop FF sites are fluff yannow?

Orange Lougne Radio is a site devote to bemani games. Their podcasts are more about general gaming overall.

It think SE is going to pack FF12 with a trailer DVD. Anime hyper

And thanks for the warm welcome. ^^ Laughing
Demon's Dream

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:46 am Reply with quote
Bahamut God wrote:
I'm thinking that these inch by inch delays are an attempt to keep people from using bittorrent to watch it.

Too late, already did. But that doesn't mean I won't buy it if/when it comes out in the states. I'll just have to watch my dl for the 50th time. Very Happy
DriftRoot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:19 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
still think fansubs are so bad? Wink

One of the more popular and better (IMO) fansub sites out there planned to sub Advent Children, but decided not to since (initially) the movie was going to be released only a month or two after it became available in Japan. I'm sure the fansubbers are alternately kicking themselves and throwing up their hands in disgust that the movie will now be coming out about six months later. Imagine all the requests they're getting to fansub the movie right now. Shocked

I will say this: If it were not for fansubbing and file sharing, I expect SE would be the target of FF-crazed terrorists right about now. "GIVE US ADVENT CHILDREN OR WE"LL BLOW UP YOUR MARKETING DEPARTMENT!!!"

Oh yes, indeed, I do think the setbacks are going to hurt AC's sales. People who were hyped to buy the movie and who have already satisfied their craving by downloading it might just have gotten over their initial excitement and will simply forget about buying the movie...or decide to thumb their noses at SE because of the delay by not buying it. The former would be me, but I've had the movie on pre-order from Amazon from the get-go (which I don't regret), so whenever it gets here, it gets here. At this point I really don't care very much - and unfortunately this is the attitude a lot of people are taking because of the delays.
hikura

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:31 am Reply with quote
Score one for the tards who keep delaying the release of this nice title.Like i said in my previous post they know why fansub and bit torrent sites are doing so well with some titles.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:45 am Reply with quote
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!

And that's all I have to say. Razz

Let's hope that this is the last delay. Let's hope that this will give them the time they need.

Better throw something good in there to appease the angry masses.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6