• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Code Geass Gets New Project & Anime Compilation Film Trilogy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Really of all series it had to comeback oh sure got wonder if still got it.

& give takes places years after whole r2-disaster yea it was plus if "you know who" still exist oh come yep fingerpoke of doom alert.

Yea not into since due to things i just can't allow it.
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:47 pm Reply with quote
I just don't believe those who said they are not into this Resurrection project. It's either they're half-asleep from waking on a hangover or they just can't take the excitement in a positive way thus the "tsun-tsun" attitude.

R2 was indeed some majestic trainwreck, but heck, it ended in the most satisfying conclusion, but for the makers who dares to open that closed chapter, I can only salute their big cojones. It takes nerves of steel to piss off millions of Geass hardcore fans.
jroa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Saku-dono wrote:
R2 was indeed some majestic trainwreck, but heck, it ended in the most satisfying conclusion, but for the makers who dares to open that closed chapter, I can only salute their big cojones. It takes nerves of steel to piss off millions of Geass hardcore fans.

It would seem most fans are glad to see this, because they believed Lelouch had survived.
Lelouch Vi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Actually upon further deliberation I wholeheartedly welcome this series, there are a few things that were left unfinished and a couple of people that need to die. Those people being Ohgi, Violetta and Nina. I find it completely freaking weird Jeremiah didn't kill Ohgi for his betrayal.
Tylerr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:27 pm Reply with quote
probably gonna ruin it with cgi mechs.

loved the fights in the original.
BigHeadClan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:32 pm Reply with quote
All hail Lalouche~! All hail Britannia!
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:35 pm Reply with quote
This is the best news I've heard all day Code Geass will be getting a third season and it'll have Lalouche. What a time to be alive. Very Happy
Ambrose7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:58 pm Reply with quote
pokenar wrote:
Happy to hear about this. I actually was disappointed by the series before this.

spoiler[This being entirely because of the ending, only a fool would think such a peace would last for more than a few years, a few decades at most. But everything begins to make sense if he knew he'd gain immortality, and thus be there for when the world eventually fell again]

spoiler[Well I am pretty sure Lelouch knew the peace was going to be temporary. But even then it would mean a break from all the immediate wars. A few decades of peace isn't bad at all. So i don't understand the disappointment. It was never supposed to be permanent.]

As for the sequel. I agree that it makes the ending of R2 kind of less impressive especially for people who will watch it later. It wasn't necessary. That said, the world of geass has many questions left unanswered and i'm curious about them. If done right this anime could be great. So tbh got mixed feelings about this. Confused
Animechic420

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:02 pm Reply with quote
I'm skipping this.
Chichiryuutei

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Ohhhhh yes!!! Very Happy

I can even remember how many times I heard/read from the doubter/legiters that Lelouch was dead because of x. LOL @ you right now!!!

I'm super psyched about this announcement. So much that I can't stop smiling. Funimation better get the whole team back together. No new VAs for our beloved characters.

So... Who was CC talking to again??? HAHAHA. I'm sorry, I don't mean to troll but this was fought over for years and we finally have the answer.

Long Live Lelouch! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! All hail Britannia!!!
Chichiryuutei

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Ohhhhh yes!!! Very Happy

I can even remember how many times I heard/read from the doubter/legiters that Lelouch was dead because of x. LOL @ you right now!!!

I'm super psyched about this announcement. So much that I can't stop smiling. Funimation better get the whole team back together. No new VAs for our beloved characters.

So... Who was CC talking to again??? HAHAHA. I'm sorry, I don't mean to troll but this was fought over for years and we finally have the answer.

Long Live Lelouch! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! All hail Britannia!!!
Joe Carpenter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Break out the Pizza Hut, Code Geass is back! Very Happy
+ 光

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:27 am Reply with quote
Tylerr wrote:
probably gonna ruin it with cgi mechs.

loved the fights in the original.

Have you watched Active Raid, or been watching Iron-Blooded Orphans? Active Raid is Goro Taniguchi's other project, and the mech animation in that went on without a hitch. Also, Sunrise will probably be doing the Code Geass sequel, and they're currently doing Iron-Blooded Orphans (and Gundam Thunderbolt and the Origin as well), and the mech battles in these are still pretty impressive. So I don't think the quality will drop at all. In fact, I think animation has improved over the last 8 years, so it should be even better than R2. (Just look at the difference between D. Gray-man and D. Gray-man Hallow).
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:01 am Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
spoiler[The ending of R2 also never confirmed Lelouch´s death and technically suggested the opposite, multiple times.]

That scene could be him in the afterlife as there are official articles confirming his spoiler[death], per the series writer. However, that statement could be trumped if Taniguchi said otherwise.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:25 am Reply with quote
People are saying that Akito was bad because of its CGI, but that couldn't be further from the truth. Yes, the majority of mecha shows (though Sunrise has been avoiding this) have been using CGI mechs, and it's either good or bad, but here it was amazing. Unlike Berserk, the CGI moves very fast, adding a new level of depth to the Knightmare fights and does what the best mecha shows do (and what the original series lacked but tried way too hard to do with the Lancelot and Guren) - give humanity to the mechs. Anyway, the storytelling is the thing that makes it more problematic. I can kind of forgive it since that's Akane's style of "show don't tell", but it did leave open quite a lot of plot holes. However, I do appreciate the story for actually giving off the vibe of a thriller, whereas the original tried to be a thriller and ended up like a Gundam.

Anyway, here's my interpretation of the ending. People think that, while Lelouch believed he was doing a noble sacrifice, he was actually just trying to atone for his own sins. But that's not true. It was really so the people, namely Suzaku, that were already pissed at him (even when they knew the truth) to finally get what I like to call their "Euphie-Vengeance". Lelouch didn't need to atone; he figured out in R2 Episode 14 that VV caused the Zone Massacre instead of him, and he blamed Geass for Shirley's death, not himself or even Rolo. But the problem with the ending is that it is completely out-of-line from the rest of the season. A lot of people can agree that R2 was generally worse than R1 - oh wait, the ending makes it ten times better? Sarcasm aside, that doesn't make sense. Everyone knows that R2 mainly rehashes the events of R1 in a "new format", but suddenly this new ending, which completely ignores any of the previous Chinese conquests, Geass invasions, and whatever-the-hell happened involving the Akasha sword, is supposed to make R1 better than R2. So why slug your way through all that just to get a good ending? It's like The Force Awakens and Endless Eight had a baby - we shouldn't watch the same thing over again just to get something new. I'm fine with killing off the MC - a lot of good endings revolve around that (Cowboy Bebop anyone?). But a product has to build up to an ending, not add essentially-filler material and then throw something cool at you. In short, the ending is good in concept, but poorly executed in regards to the whole story.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7