• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Purported Dragonball Trailer Screenshots Posted

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:36 am Reply with quote
Hullut Sisarukset wrote:

enurtsol wrote:

Eh, if the Japanese could tolerate the Death Note live-action movies, 'Merikuns could tolerate a Dragonball live-action movie. Laughing

Hey, hey, hey! This picture's audience goes way beyond the States. I think just about the whole world's eyes are on this. (I make a good example, living in Northern Europe.) It's Hollywood, after all.

Hey! Hey! It's not that Hollywood is trying to cater to your tastes; it's they're making your tastes to be more American, from whom they still expect to make half their monies. Razz

Hullut Sisarukset wrote:

And well, because it's Hollywood, there are certain things we can expect from it, and they're maybe not that good things.
For example, they're probably not even trying to restore DB's don't-take-yourself-so-seriously spirit, but will make complete

What if fans take the same cue from DB? Wink

Hullut Sisarukset wrote:

clowns of themselves for having tried to make a really serious, hectic, action-filled, apocalyptic (is that a word?) box-office hit. They will have tried too hard, that's for sure. At least that's what we've learned from previous comic/graphic novel adaptations.

Though there are some recent credits like 300 and Dark Knight, which could even be nominated for Best Picture (definitely will win the Best Supporting Actor).

Hullut Sisarukset wrote:

Then again, maybe they'll surprise us? Positively? Maybe...? Okay, let's not fool ourselves, there's no way that's gonna happen. Everyone's gonna hate it. It's sad, but I really think that's the way it's going to turn out...

Can't be much worse than the Japanese movies. Laughing
Hullut Sisarukset

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:42 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Hullut Sisarukset wrote:

clowns of themselves for having tried to make a really serious, hectic, action-filled, apocalyptic (is that a word?) box-office hit. They will have tried too hard, that's for sure. At least that's what we've learned from previous comic/graphic novel adaptations.

Though there are some recent credits like 300 and Dark Knight, which could even be nominated for Best Picture (definitely will win the Best Supporting Actor).

Oh, I didn't think of those. Actually I haven't even seen The Dark Knight yet (but Batman Begins totally sucked - it took itself waaay too seriously). DB is an excellent example of a comic - or any other form of entertainment - that's not trying to be bigger than the world, but is anyway. How can you recreate that on the silver screen? In the dead serious movie biz? Especially with that stone-faced, droopy-eyed teenage mutant ninja as the main character...

I'm still mad about Piccolo lacking antennas.
Chiaki777

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:13 am Reply with quote
Somehow I don't think the ratings for this film will be over 9000.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5