• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Licenses Level E Sci-Fi Comedy TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shukero

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm, maybe I should get this when it comes out on dvd/blueray, I was just creeped out by the cover xD

So I think I can wager 30-40 bucks on this one Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rukiia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:42 pm Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:
Too much for you to handle? Just block it from the list if don't like and quit nagging.

Not at all. Just think that it would be a horrible waste of a license. And btw, laughing at what you consider a "good catch" isn't nagging. Wink

TopGunman wrote:
Zettai Karen Children
Moretsu Pirates

Did you not read the other posts that said these two have already been licensed?

TopGunman wrote:
There, no Qwaser, happy now? No? Didn't think so. You're a waste of time.

D'awwwww, did I touch a nerve? You need to relax there, Mr. Angry Pants. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shukero

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Could the arguers just go to PM's please? These forums are for discussing the topics, not for arguing who's right and who's wrong; because everyone has their own opinions and it's not a very good belief to think that "Only I am right."

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rukiia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:16 am Reply with quote
shukero wrote:
Could the arguers just go to PM's please? These forums are for discussing the topics, not for arguing who's right and who's wrong; because everyone has their own opinions and it's not a very good belief to think that "Only I am right."

Thanks!

....What are you talking about? And who died and made you moderator? O_o
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shukero

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:50 am Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
shukero wrote:

Thanks!

....What are you talking about? And who died and made you moderator? O_o

No one made me anything. I'm just saying if you want to argue with each other don't do it out in the public forums, it doesn't really solve anyone's problems.

If you have a problem with what I say that's fine too. If you feel the need to bring in a moderator, then do so and if you are right I'll gladly apologize.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:13 am Reply with quote
shukero wrote:
No one made me anything. I'm just saying if you want to argue with each other don't do it out in the public forums, it doesn't really solve anyone's problems.

You really don't know ANN's forums very well, do you? 3, separated, posts on disagreeing over what is a "good catch" =/= arguing. Before you get all sensitive, over a mild disagreement two people had, you might want to go back and look at topics about things like piracy. Those types of discussions generate many heated arguments to the point where a mod would sometimes have to lock it. And really, you don't have any right to tell people what to do. That is the moderator's job. And, like you said, this is a public forum so people are free to say whatever they want (within reason of course). I have yet to be told off by a mod so I think I am not stepping out of line with my posts. So unless you are a mod on here please refrain from trying to order people around mmmk? Smile

Back on topic:

Gotta admit that I am not really too impressed with Funi's recent license acquires. This one has slightly interested me, but I was hoping that they would bring out the big guns and announce things like AnoHana, Hanasaku Iroha, Mawaru-Penguindrum, etc. Sentai has been moping the floor with them this year and so far my money is mostly going to be spent on Sentai's titles.

Ah well, its only February so Funimation might surprise us when they do announcements at Sakuracon.
^__^v

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:54 am Reply with quote
This is awesome news. I'll definitely pick this title up. ^^
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:57 am Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
Sentai has been moping the floor with them this year and so far my money is mostly going to be spent on Sentai's titles.

For me, most of my new series budget has been on Funimation and I'm kind of irritated that it's already been stretched out to June and it would have gone past that if they released Forte on Blu-Ray. The only bright side for me is that these new Funimation licenses won't come out until next year.

I'll check this out once it gets on Hulu; It sounds interesting and I like how Funimation handles comedies.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:24 am Reply with quote
shukero wrote:
If you feel the need to bring in a moderator, then do so and if you are right I'll gladly apologize.

Eh.. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

Teh Rules wrote:
8b) No "Back Seat Moderating" - If you know a thread is going to be locked, do not post in it, posting in threads that are clearly going to be locked will be dealt with as "trolling " type behavior. Do not berate posters for breaking the rules, that is the job of the ANN moderators and admins. Please report the post and, if you think it is necessary, contact a moderator or admin.

I personally don't browse the Talkback forum very much because people can get really high up on their soapboxes, and I'm more prone to either just locking the thread or publicly admonishing the user in front of everyone to get it over with. However, I've been told it's not "good manners" as a moderator, and I'd also like to provide everyone with an equal opportunity to just discuss things, so I just ignore these threads completely.

But yeah, as Rukiia says, don't worry about telling people off. Just use the Report button and the staff will take care of it. This way, you can avoid getting into said scuffle yourself and focus your energy on more important/relevant things Wink.
agila61

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:48 am Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:
Umineko No Naku Koro Ni (accidental copy/paste title)

Two of the others have already been licensed, so they are struck. Whatever reason they passed Black Jack over, the decision was made long before this decision, so that's a red herring. And the soccer anime that just premiered this broadcast season is not a credible alternative ~ the only way they can conceivably pick that one up is if the streaming shows up much strong popularity and better demographics than normally happens for sports anime, so it'll have to be much further into its run before its a live possibility.

Now, if the fifth had been that other one, it would be an empty list, but Umineko No Naku Koro Ni sounds like similar vintage, so its a plausible entry for a short list that also includes Level E.

Of course, Level E is streaming on Crunchyroll, so they have more useful market modeling info for that. The better the quality of the marketing info, the closer to the margin you can go on a pick up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5