• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Funimation: Heads Up: New Show A-Go-Go Starts Monday

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:39 am Reply with quote
Naruto D Kurosaki wrote:
I doubt Soul Eater. There's not enough episodes. I have money on Media Blasters.

What do you mean by not enough episodes? Like as in it's not done airing in Japan yet? It's not completely unheard of for that to happen. Someone in one of the commentaries for Chevalier D'eon implies if not outright says that they started dubbing it before the Japanese series was done airing.

There are also a few hints that imply Soul Eater is one of the shows Funi picked up. First, the C&D orders they issued, then the one postcard clue.
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:51 am Reply with quote
C&D orders are usually a good indicator that that company got the show. Rebuild of Evangelion is all but confirmed (the clue was stupidly obvious, so don't deny it, FUNi), and they issued cease and desists for the fansubs for that.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:14 am Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
C&D orders are usually a good indicator that that company got the show. Rebuild of Evangelion is all but confirmed (the clue was stupidly obvious, so don't deny it, FUNi), and they issued cease and desists for the fansubs for that.
Yeah, but Seto No HAnayome was also CD'd but it doesn't look as if I'll get my legalized ganster mermaid fun on any time soon.
Mistypearl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:19 am Reply with quote
Was browsing through the anime and manga and I found this

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-08-19/taisho-yakyu-musume-baseball-anime-confirmed {Anime Version}

manga#6195{Manga Version}

Cutie Honey aGoGo Hmm...
Zoe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Naruto D Kurosaki wrote:
I doubt Soul Eater. There's not enough episodes. I have money on Media Blasters.

What? Soul Eater is the same length as Full Metal Alchemist.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:14 am Reply with quote
Actually, is there any indication of whether the new 'GsG' is part of those clues? Or was that already a given?

Look I ask of 2 shows they could license, 'School Days', and 'Denno Coil'. And who says 'School Days' wouldn't sell? Hell, they released 'Rumbling Hearts'. Did anyone forget that?
DFBTG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:37 am Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Actually, is there any indication of whether the new 'GsG' is part of those clues? Or was that already a given?

Look I ask of 2 shows they could license, 'School Days', and 'Denno Coil'. And who says 'School Days' wouldn't sell? Hell, they released 'Rumbling Hearts'. Did anyone forget that?

If I understand your 'GsG' correctly, then the second season of Gunslinger Girl has already been licensed by Funi...they announced it way back in May...and I haven't heard wind of it since.
If only Denno Coil would be licensed as well...and NOT just suddenly drop off the face of the earth afterward.
EricDent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:58 am Reply with quote
A quick reminder, that when they announced Negima!? it took over a year to finally get around to doing it.

Hopefully we will get some sort of news about a re-do for Magical Project S (with English dubs). Though I doubt it since that show is so "old".
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:27 pm Reply with quote
DFBTG wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

If I understand your 'GsG' correctly, then the second season of Gunslinger Girl has already been licensed by Funi...they announced it way back in May...and I haven't heard wind of it since.
If only Denno Coil would be licensed as well...and NOT just suddenly drop off the face of the earth afterward.

You were right. I should have added 'Il Treatrino' to that statement. But yeah I was referring to that. Ok. Yeah, I did remember hearing that too. And you're right it does feel like it kinda went quiet. Then again considering the pilot episode I was surprised that the series was a go.

Tell me about it. If it's not in 'Funi's box then I pray someone else to give it a look. Oh 'Denno Coil' I will continue the fight demanding for your license.
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Bear in mind, some shows get rushed out the gate because they might seem more profitable and appealing (mech shows, shojo or shonen-centric stuff) than niche series. It's unfortunate, but that's how the business works, friends.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5