• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Persons.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AirCooledMan_2006

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:01 am Reply with quote
Carrie Daniels is an alias of Carrie Savage.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:40 am Reply with quote
Keji Goto Is quite clearly Keiji Gotoh, who is also corrected credited for another role in the same series. It was presumably either mistyped, misspelt in the credits or both.

The role itself isn't quite correct either, although again that may be due to the English credits; not owning the series I cannot check (he did storyboards and key animation for the OP and ED, and also "design works" - still haven't figured out what they mean by the latter).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:32 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Keji Goto Is quite clearly Keiji Gotoh, who is also corrected credited for another role in the same series. It was presumably either mistyped, misspelt in the credits or both.

The role itself isn't quite correct either, although again that may be due to the English credits; not owning the series I cannot check (he did storyboards and key animation for the OP and ED, and also "design works" - still haven't figured out what they mean by the latter).

The inside cover of the Central Park Media releases list Mr. Gotoh's roles in Legend of Himiko as "Design/Opening & Closing Animation" (and spell his name correctly). As for "design works", I can only point out that there is a specifically designated animation character designer—and that the phrase is in katakana ("デザインワークス"). :-/
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Well yes, the phrase was in katakana in my reference book, I just translated it back into English. It is still a vague title and we already have his wife credited here with "Animation Character Design". The exact credits are:

デザインワークス
オーペニング演出・絵コンテ・原画
エンディング演出・絵コンテ・原画 (4話以降)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Well yes, the phrase was in katakana in my reference book, I just translated it back into English.

Sorry—I just meant to say that katakana does not carry possibility of more information the way a title in kanji does.
mrsatan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Seirou OGINO (correct)
Ogino SEIROU (inversed)
Alnaro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:32 pm Reply with quote
mrsatan wrote:
Seirou OGINO (correct)
Ogino SEIROU (inversed)

It hasn't been fixed yet? I hope moderators are alive and well... I've posted a report about it in november... Sad Anyways, since there're no sources in the previous post, I'll quote myself:

Alnaro wrote:
Ogino Seirou is the same person as Seirou Ogino.

Exclamation Seirou (晴朗 / せいろう) - seiyuu's given name, Ogino (荻野 / おぎの) - his family name Exclamation.

Proof: wikipedia (荻野晴朗) (and Ken Production profile).

Thank you in advance.

Again, thank you in advance. Smile
ucdawg12

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Hiroya Iijima (correct)
Hiroya Iizima (incorrect)

this is according to: http://www18.atwiki.jp/sakuga/pages/600.html
saishokushugisha
Editor, Anime Insider

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Rob Bricken and Robert Bricken are the same person.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Eddie Mirman[ is a misspelling of Edie Mirman. Only credit is for the US Digimon Movie, and the DVD credits the role correctly to Edie Mirman (I've also re-added the roles under her name).
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Yuuta KASUYA (60110) = Yûta KAZUYA (49103) (same photograph, same birth date).
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:31 am Reply with quote
Takashi MORI [33490] [name in Kanji, some seiyuu roles] is a duplicate of Takeshi MORI (seiyuu) [72531] [has URL to website where you find the same name in Kanji]

Japanese Wikipedia page (with lots of role references, including the ones of both ANN entries): http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/森岳志. Name pronunciation there: もり(Mori) たけし(Takeshi).

Last edited by Devil Doll on Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
maik

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Columbia YURIKAGO-KAI is the same group as Columbia Yurikagokai. As the first name has more entries the second one should be deleted.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Jo Odagiri
Joe Odagiri

Clearly describing the same person as the personal details match up, although whether the roles are all his I'm yet to determine.
His website spells his name Joe Odagiri, as does the rear cover of the UK Mushishi film DVD.

OK, I was doubtful about the Zaion role as the rest are live action, but the Japanese wiki backs it up at least.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:35 am Reply with quote
Naoko Yamada
Hisako Yamada (animator) (misreading)

There appears to be two Naoko Yamada's here. One is 山田尚子, who is an animator for Kyoto Animation. The credits for Air in Summer and Kanon belong to her, as well as everything under the misreading (see below) of Hisako Yamada. The other is 山田那央子, who appears to be consistently listed so far in ANN as a background artist.

As for why "Hisako" is the misreading of the two (since it is also a valid reading of her name), it appears her name is romanized as "Naoko" in some of the official artwork which she is credited. Here are two examples that I've cropped to show proof: (1) (2). While not as authoritative, I also checked R1 DVD's to see how her name is spelled. It is consistently "Naoko Yamada" for several eps of key animation I checked on both Air and Kanon, and her assistant episode director credits on Clannad are the same.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 48 of 144