• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: FUNimation to Distribute Gungrave Anime for Geneon

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Could someone post the link as to why they think the card hints at Eva 1.0? I couldn't find that one (either that or my card was being a pain about not showing javascripts)
braves

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:38 pm Reply with quote
I believe it's this one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jarmel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Yea the fault def lies with the of department. They lowered some expectations with the cards and even failed with that as we arent getting both Soul eater and Eva. This whole event has unfortunately been a waste of time for me and I'm sure I'm not alone on this.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Jarmel wrote:
This whole event has unfortunately been a waste of time for me and I'm sure I'm not alone on this.

A waste of time? How much time did you personally put in to a PR campaign about new title announcements? What effort did you actually expend besides every now and then checking a news website? I don't understand what you actually lost here. If anything complaining that you're not impressed with the title announcements on an internet forum is a much bigger waste of your time than... I don't know, waiting around to hear the announcements? Who does that?
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:30 pm Reply with quote
People who think this was a waste of their time need to stop pretending their time is worth anything. Anyway, it takes five seconds to check an update on an anime site. Maybe even less if you aren't captivated by shiny pictures.

I don't know what shows you thought Funimation to have licensed, given their pretty obvious clues from beforehand. If this is rattling your cage so much, maybe you should stay away from this place for a while.

Anyway, I'm glad that they're at least rescuing a few decent titles. I would prefer them to pick up a few more newer ones, but I like Funimation's recent energy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Labbes

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:59 pm Reply with quote
I really wonder whether I am the only one who noted a big fat 2009 and "New Year' Eve" on the supposed Evangelion card.
...and even if not. What did I lose? Nothing! (Pseudoquotation from Life of Brian)
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Labbes wrote:
I really wonder whether I am the only one who noted a big fat 2009 and "New Year' Eve" on the supposed Evangelion card.
...and even if not. What did I lose? Nothing! (Pseudoquotation from Life of Brian)

No I also caught that so I'm still hopeful.
Who Is This Guy!?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Normally, I'm used to the amount of senseless bitching around on this site.

However, this one takes the cake...really. WHY are you all whining!? WHY are you all conversing so much...

It's NOT a big [expletive] deal! And if you want to talk about the "quality" of the show, and the argument that "all anime based off games is shit"...start another godamn thread! If you wanna make a damn idiot of yourself, don't drag front page news down with you!
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Jarmel wrote:
Yea the fault def lies with the of department. They lowered some expectations with the cards and even failed with that as we arent getting both Soul eater and Eva. This whole event has unfortunately been a waste of time for me and I'm sure I'm not alone on this.

I actually thought this was going to be Soul Eater since Elizabeth is sometimes referred to as Eli in the series. I don't think the "Eve" = Eva.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Well for one these shows were already licensed. So everyone really should have gotten all the whining over when they were licensed the first time. We all know it's more expensive to get new titles and everyone was complaining about so and so title not getting rescued the first time so know they're rescuing more and people are still complaining about it.

I'm sure they wouldn't have picked the new titles they did if there wasn't any demand for it and same goes for the rescues. It's not like they aren't rescuing anymore and it's not like they aren't getting new titles.
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:39 pm Reply with quote
I think the bitching about this one is that it came out of left field. The cards never gave any real hint of this one...I mean one or two of the rescues are titles I might pick up, but most of these titles weren't genuine shockers or huge deals. Besides, FUNi seems to announce their brand new acquisitions in ho-hum press releases, so I don't believe it was realistic to expect ten completely new titles.
bayoab

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
I actually thought this was going to be Soul Eater since Elizabeth is sometimes referred to as Eli in the series. I don't think the "Eve" = Eva.

Eve? Angie Eli and =>> (Ev)e(ang)ie(eli)(an)d => Evangelion

(If you needed real proof, FUNi already deleted the thumbnail and series image off their site.)

Soul Eater comes from another one.

Last edited by bayoab on Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kyon27

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:54 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen this series, but I've heard generally good things about it. I see no reason to be upset that Funi is bringing us a quality series at a very reasonable proce.

Last edited by Kyon27 on Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Yes it is. They even had a picture of evangelion on their website. Unless they are playing a joke on us evangelion will be licensed.
FaytLein

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:59 pm Reply with quote
While it is great that these shows are getting a second lease on life, since all these rescues are stuff I already own...I just can't get too hyped up for them. Hopefully these last few reveals will be something that I can actually be excited about.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8