• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Seed 3?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:28 am Reply with quote
Hah, turns out I missed a few things because you can't work the Quote tags to save your life. Confused

Mroni wrote:
Your oppinion Um patrick zala was his father and his mom was killed in the explosion of junius 7 thats alot to get over however the chairman was alot more charismatic man who seemed to care

Do you mind not typing in absent-minded run-on sentences? We do have rules against that around here.

Anyway, Patrick's relation to Athrun ought to be even more ammo against him trusting a like-minded leader. And it's not so much my opinion that both Chairman Zala and Chairman Dullindal were written as spoiler[charismatic leaders who pretended to care about the people under their control, all the while secretly plotting some wild, unethical method of "cleansing" the human race of "unfavorable elements."] That's...kind of how it really was, in case you missed it.

Mroni wrote:
Nobody shoveled anything onto amuro he chose to get into the gundam and then thought he was all badass and didn't have to take any orders. The whole thing with his mom was ridiculous to begin with. he goes and sees her then she dosen't like him. then she rushes out to see him leave ok whatever.

Nobody gave Amuro crap? spoiler[Bright didn't blatantly tell him he was a waste of a pilot? Frau didn't basically say she was completely disappointed in him? He wasn't thrown in the brig on more than one occasion?] He didn't get completely slapped around by half the crew?

Seriously, what series were you watching?

Mroni wrote:
Where is your sense of Romance good sir?
Well seeing that seed is alot more varied in its character developement than the uc gundams you care about the characters more and you want to see them live happily ever after. I like happy endings. Unhappy ones went out in the 70's

Happy endings do not have to end in weddings. Truly excellent romance stories do not have to end in weddings. Athrun and Cagalli's relationship was developed just fine in the first SEED. Having it end with a big, happy, cheery, storybook wedding would just be ridiculously overblown and unnecessary.

Mroni wrote:
Seed is more than a serious war drama it borders on shoujo in many apsects while zeta gundam is not a serious war drama in any sense.

Do you have any clue what "shoujo" even is? I mean, last I checked, your average shoujo title didn't have blaringly masculine protagonists blazing around in giant, ugly robots murdering things while the romances between him and two very mentally unstable women (sorry, but anyone who spoiler[falls in love with the guy they believe just murdered their sister] is not right in the head) are kept in the relative background is pretty damn far from anything that could be called shoujo.

Zeta, not a serious war drama? The chronicle of the leaders of a resistance movement fighting against Federation oppression and the radical remnants of the previous war's losing party isn't...a serious war drama?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Mroni

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:39 am Reply with quote
I concede dammit leave me alone! get out of my head argghhh. No never mind I concede to everyone except Super Arrow because he is not on the same level as the rest of you. Anyway I'm going to go watch To heart the robots in it are much more wackable.

Mr Oni
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:24 am Reply with quote
Mroni wrote:
Seed is more than a serious war drama it borders on shoujo in many apsects while zeta gundam is not a serious war drama in any sense.

Mr Oni

I don't want to get into this, and I've merely seen but two or three episodes of Gundam SEED but, Gundam=Shoujo... ??? Seriously, what the hell are you on?

Mroni wrote:
leave me alone! get out of my head argghhh

Apparently you are on something. Or have serious mental problems. But, I can see your frustration with this. Picking arguements with staff members is generally not a good idea though. And I know that Nagisa has a vast knowledge of Gundam (I think), so I wouldn't argue with him on stuff about it. Moreso though, arguing something when you have everybody against you is not a good idea, unless it's for moral reasons, which I don't see here. I'll leave you be to watch your To Heart now.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:57 am Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
I don't want to get into this, and I've merely seen but two or three episodes of Gundam SEED but, Gundam=Shoujo... ??? Seriously, what the hell are you on?

Many Westerners have misidentified the popularity of GS/GSD among fujoshi as an indicator of shoujo. For producers, it's always good to see their works attracting audiences whom they didn't target at.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
yan!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:46 am Reply with quote
i think seed is good compare to other gundam thou I've only watch g, wing, z, zz, seed, s.destiny..

compare with z,zz i feel it lack something its undestandable since its old.. with g that has the same ending w/ defeating an enemy

ireally liked seed specially the battle between spaceships.. zz also have that, but seed is better..

also the conversation in seed is what makes it better then all other gundam..

but i really didn't like the ending of seed destiny being weird at all.. , and some scene similar to the first but its still enjoyable to watch im looking forward to seed3..
mufurc

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:24 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Many Westerners have misidentified the popularity of GS/GSD among fujoshi as an indicator of shoujo. For producers, it's always good to see their works attracting audiences whom they didn't target at.

Well, the show does pander to the fujoshi audience (among others), with all those pretty boys and their convulted relationships with each other. But it seems to me a unisex anime, really, trying to attract the largest audience it can.

(UC Gundam is also pretty popular among fujoshi, mind you. Very Happy)
Mroni

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:36 am Reply with quote
[quote="pantsgoblin"]I don't want to get into this, and I've merely seen but two or three episodes of Gundam SEED but, Gundam=Shoujo... ??? Seriously, what the hell are you on?

My body produces a chemical called quack. In Seed there is alot of romance going on and concentration on female characters. Elements of shoujo. I didn't say that gundam seed was more a shoujo than a war anime.

Hajime06

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:58 am Reply with quote
[quote="Mroni"]
pantsgoblin wrote:

My body produces a chemical called quack. In Seed there is alot of romance going on and concentration on female characters. Elements of shoujo. I didn't say that gundam seed was more a shoujo than a war anime.

Romance is a common part of any genre. For example, a romance develops in Love Hina and practically every harem anime, but would you consider those to be shojo as well?

Again, focusing on women does not make it shojo. For another example, the Full Metal Panic series focuses on Chidori and Tessa just as much as it does on Sousuke. Does this make it shojo?
Wingfreedomstriker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:52 am Reply with quote
A NEW GUNDAM SEED SERIES? Exiting! I can't wait? I just hope there will be less episode recaps like the one in Seed Destiny Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TF

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:11 pm Reply with quote
yan!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:56 pm Reply with quote
i read that the seed 3 is GS: enternity..
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:29 pm Reply with quote
yan! wrote:
i read that the seed 3 is GS: enternity..

That was a rumor started the day after Destiny ended that has long since been shot down.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Definitely an interesting discussion. I've only seen a few episodes of Z Gundam, and am not entirely fond of Kamille at the moment. Still, the series looks promising.

Mr. Oni, I recommend that you either think your posts out better, or go to a board like G4's anime Unleashed where they allow stuff like that. The members here aren't so forgiving. Everyone has the right to their opinion, but it comes out a lot better when thought is put into it.

I like most of the Gundam series that I've seen. Though I greatly prefer most of the UC to the AC stories. Though it does have it's weaknesses. The Gundam swapping gets a bit annoying. Wink

I've seen 0080, 0083, F91, CCA, and Turn A in their entirety. I've seen a good deal of 0079, SD(original, not the kids show) and Wing, as well as some of G, SEED, and Zeta and Double Zeta. Turn A, 0080, and 0079 are my favorites at the moment. I'm not that found of G.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Hajime06

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Zeta Gundam takes a while to get used to. I did not like Zeta too much until about the seventh episode. Unlike Shinn, Kamille actuallly changes in the end and has character development.
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Shoot, I thought something we learned from Kamille and Four was that getting romantically involved with someone in Gundam is NEVER a good idea.

Sheesh, look at all the shattered, strained, misguided, and otherwise dysfunctional relationships in UC. To my knowledge, no couple with roots in the Zeonic era (0079 - 0093) escapes a tragic end.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8