• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quentntarantado

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:43 am Reply with quote
Heinlein polyamory.
I mean, seriously commit to it. If one boy and 100 girls, why not the whole spectrum as well, male, female, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer/questioning, asexual, and (please excuse my ignorance) all the others I've missed in the entire glorious spectrum? The anime reached six girlfriends, the manga reached 20, but they are all still female! Would it be possible to please have more representation?
If we really believe that more love makes love stronger, I'd like to see some anime/manga commit tot this, I mean seriously commit to this. Presently everything I look for are being relegated to the salacious/dirty/scandalous corners of this medium.
Now, Hikari's dad and Hahari's husband, couldn't he join Rentaro's family, even in ghostly form? It looked for a second the dad would fall in love with Rentaro. C'mon! Think about it!
TaperW

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Shay Guy wrote:
I put it where I did specifically because it's at the more extreme end of the scale, and the OVA continuity was well-known for quite some time for its tangled family trees, and yet as far as I know, it still doesn't reach the point of having a mother and daughter romantically involved with the same person.

Um, in the Tenchi Muyo OAVs, Washuu is in fact Ryoko's mother. (Albeit via a weird science artificial insemination/cloning mechanism.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6