• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nozomi Licenses Rental Magica TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xanas

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

I mentioned this elsewhere here but CR does offer that already for some shows. Ironically what you'd get as I assume DRM Silverlight at Funi, you can get DRM-free Xvid at CR. There are a couple other issues I won't get into about that here, but it's a nice start.

Sorry I should have been specific. While xvid doesn't bother me much (I'd prefer x264/h264 based codec but meh), I'm really talking about a downloadable dual audio mkv or mp4 container format in addition to the lack of DRM. It's important to me that what can be dual audio is done in that way or I lose out on what the DVDs get me. I'm a dub fan, so I want a dub included in the file.

The fact CR has xvid with subtitles is good, but I think their quality/resolution is kinda low. If I'm going to pay I want at least 480p. I'd pay dvd prices even though I don't get the discs because I would be able to back it up, use it where I want, and.. quiet frankly while the discs and such are nice sometimes for collector items, they take up lots of space.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7