• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Arifureta - From Commonplace to World's Strongest

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelBlaidd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Fluwm wrote:
Yeah, the books are pretty solid. Pretty similar to KonoSuba, only instead of a bunch of fudge-ups, we get a party of cringed, "edges" chuunis. The whole thing is basically an affectionate parody of all the cheesiest excesses of 90s anime wrapped up in an Isekai parody.

Exactly. The author hangs lampshades with mad abandon and is obviously having a great time making fun of his own characters.

The striped down cast from the last two episodes are pretty much every one with bearing on the plot for the rest of the series out of the summoned class. It is a shame that we don't get to see any of the awesome en potencia that is Endo-kun spoiler[The man solos the Reisen Gorge laberanth.] He even gets his on volume worth of solo adventure in the after story.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:22 am Reply with quote
Well, I guess us fans, can hope for the best on the second season. Hopefully, they will find some way to get out of flashback hell, because of all the things they cut out this season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7