• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Urusei Yatsura

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:40 am Reply with quote
The only thing I love more than a good teacher vs student battle is crazy romcom antics! This episode definitely satisfied me.
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Sad that we aren't getting weekly reviews going forward. The 1st part of this week's episode has always been a favorite of mine of the 80's version. Hopefully we can get the eating contest and "free food if you finish it all" chapters remade as well. Rei and Sakura make Goku look tame in comparison.
Nom De Plume De Fanboy
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:22 am Reply with quote
Ep 14. Quality is holding up well and there is plenty of slapstick. But, as Tobimaro and Ryoko are not my favorite characters and I think they are both kind of one note ones, this ep is a 'meh' for me. I imagine this was better for most fans, and I hope there will be some positive commentary from other people.

I hope Ryuu shows up soon. I may have to borrow from the Japanese fandom and start a petition ( Wink just in good fun, folks ) to get the Ryuunosuke eps I want, along with Ran's cooking ones and Lum's lipstick, for starters. And they'd be much better as full eps.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:10 pm Reply with quote
I thought this last episode was pretty funny. When those black clad servants started moving the baseball like in a stage play I was cracking up Laughing
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Even through reviews have stop I thought I'd like to share an important change made on the second half of Episode 15. In the flashback of when Lum spoiler[wets the bed (both times) Rand got spanked] and this was shown in the 80's version and of course the manga. Honestly very glad they took that out because culture difference's be damned that's just plain cruel for a kid spoiler[wetting the bed]. Also spanked spoiler[with the dart inciden]t. In another chapter flashback Lum shot her Dad's laser gun and while she didn't hit anyone her Dad's was rightfully upset and spanked her and again this was shown.

Also kid Lum and Ran are super cute I just want a plushie of them both.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7