• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Appleseed Details

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zeiram

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:09 pm Reply with quote
yeah that was friggen awesome, although i was getting a sense of showing off in the trailer hehe, veeerrry fluid, i so wannit x_X;;; hahah
gnollman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:42 am Reply with quote
Zeiram wrote:
Update!! there's a trailer out now! check the website, woo bout 80% downloaded now hehehe

edit - http://www.a-seed.jp/trailer.html

Hmm.... I'm gonna have to take the other view here... I'm not sure how well I like that animation style....

I'll hold off on any real hating until I see the film... then it's no holds barred if I still don't like it....
gnollman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:44 am Reply with quote
Heh heh... quoted the wrong post, I did.... ah well. See the comment at the top of the page for the opposing view....
Zeiram

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Well I love the animation because it's new. Animation is like the personality of the work. The plot is more important, so I'll have to check that out before any real review can be made.

Indeed they were showing off, by why not? hehe. new art style, so like look what we can do!
SkullKnight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:30 am Reply with quote
I haven's seen the other appleseed works. Are they any good?
thats almost sacreligious for being a shirow fan. aheh Smile
Zeiram

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:23 pm Reply with quote
I rather enjoyed the manga, only read the first book (which the ova is based on) political intrigue, cool character/mecha designs and deunan is great ^^ i loved the end of the first book, it's a must for any anime/manga fan. one of those jokes noone has done but him hehe, i wouldn't skip to it tho, it helps to understand deunan as a character a bit before it. Nice joke to end a story, that's how i like it. So yeh they pretty good, but this is shirow we talking about, either you're a fan or ya not heh.
SkullKnight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:46 pm Reply with quote
cool I think I'll try to pick that up. so they have em in bound compilations? I remember darkhorse releasing it but I don't like the flimsy small issues. I've have gits 1 and I"m up to issue 7 of Gits. MMI. I love it. I hope darkhorse does a complete version of MMI, keeping up with the flimsy ones are kind of annoying. AAhh! shirow and his T&A. My favorite scene is when makoto's decot dives in to the water canal and crashs head first into the bottom. then the whole time her little helpers were begging her to strip due to inefficient swimming from drag. Smile
Zeiram

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Haha that's great, but eh I only read the first one myself. Borders neglected to get issue 2. x_x I await tpb.

Now then, all 4 Appleseed are hard bound in left to right (boo), but eh well. Try them out ^^. It's his favorite work and greatly inspired by Black Magic M66 which I also own heh. That's his first work. It's pretty funny.

Edit: Ah yeh, the anime is a huge departure (like 3-4 little things similar between the two) from the manga for M66. A shame, but they are both great for what they are. I just wanted more. x_X That reporter person was fun hehe. (in the anime)

Edit: Update. The site has pictures and info on the movie ^^ http://www.a-seed.jp

Edit again: They updated the site more. Now they have more pictures, interviews, and general info on it. They've two pages of press now. Animenation at least spoke of the trailer. o.o;; Hey, news updates here! hehe
Zeiram

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:32 pm Reply with quote
I hate to bump this, but there's numerous edit updates I made which are going largely ignored. I'll not bump this again, oks? ^^ heheh. I waited for it to near the bottom, but now I feel it is forgotten.

Website has a trailer, pictures, interviews, information etc. That not news? Hehe, do as you like. Laters.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2