• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Cluster Edge, Hakuōki, Upotte!! Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:23 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
opn wrote:
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
dragon695 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
Here comes the Upotte hating.

You yourself said it wasn't very good and aren't watching it.

It's still better than this travesty
http://www.twitpic.com/9egkqh

.... Shocked there are no words to describe that....no words..but i have to wonder where did you find that?

Somewhere in Kentucky? Goodness knows why, but for some reason there is a large concentration of bronies down in these parts.

half right i found it in the south but on a certain image board, sorry for the derailment but for the love of god.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:35 pm Reply with quote
I'm curious as to why they're licensing old series like Cluster Edge and Irohanihoheto now..... Maybe it was like a package deal?
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:39 pm Reply with quote
sweet they got Hakuōki and Upotte!! wished they would have got Shining Hearts instead
configspace

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Please Sentai, give Upotte! some HD love!

GATSU wrote:
Surrender: I was thinking that myself. Sentai could be in for a major lawsuit if some gun collector's little sibling or child sees cartoon characters play with assault rifles and decides to imitate 'em. I hope they put a disclaimer or something on there.

no disclaimer required
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H08ogwEyuZY
Ingraman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:04 pm Reply with quote
I know that I didn't watch either Cluster Edge or Hakuouki, and I wasn't even remembering that they existed. Therefore, they're a definite no-buy.

Upotte!! is a series that I'll have to think about whether to buy or not. Or just watch more episodes. I didn't particularly care for the first episode, but 2 & 3 were entertaining enough. Let's see how the next episodes go. If ADV releases it on BD, I'll likely get it. DVD-only? Nope, not a chance...
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Don't really know much about Cluster Edge or Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto but I love that Sentai continues to demonstrate its willingness to "reach back" and pick up titles that are several years old. Gives me hope for Zombie-loan...
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
dragon695 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
Here comes the Upotte hating.

You yourself said it wasn't very good and aren't watching it.

It's still better than this travesty
http://www.twitpic.com/9egkqh

>Is a Brony
>Thinks this is hilariously awesome

Anyway, if Cluster Edge has a ton of BL subtext, I'm in no matter how bad it is. I've been on a yaoi binge for the past few days.

Quote:
Other issues IMO:... only two female characters I can remember ever showing up

But the sheer amount of dudes and possible homosexual subtext is GOOD!

/yaoi fanboy
poonk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Anyway, if Cluster Edge has a ton of BL subtext, I'm in no matter how bad it is. I've been on a yaoi binge for the past few days.
Quote:

While the latter part is quite true, iirc it's very light subtext. It's not full of fun "wink-wink" teasing like, as I mentioned before, Kuroshitsuji or Hetalia. It's more like, "This character feels very strongly about this other guy and is gonna angst a bit over it." Let's just say when I think of BL anime this one is pretty far down the list. I don't want to discourage you but it may be a let down if you've seen a lot of other, better series. Does Sentai ever stream any of their stuff? Maybe you could preview it first.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Eivion

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Didn't care for Hakuoki's first season. Never watched the second.

I got far into Bakumatsu, but it was a bit of a chore getting there. I never did actually finish it.

Haven't watched Upotte!! since the first episode left me fairly unimpressed.

I only know Cluster Edge by it's opening theme which I like quite a bit. Is it any good?
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:29 pm Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:
Quote:

While the latter part is quite true, iirc it's very light subtext. It's not full of fun "wink-wink" teasing like, as I mentioned before, Kuroshitsuji or Hetalia. It's more like, "This character feels very strongly about this other guy and is gonna angst a bit over it." Let's just say when I think of BL anime this one is pretty far down the list. I don't want to discourage you but it may be a let down if you've seen a lot of other, better series. Does Sentai ever stream any of their stuff? Maybe you could preview it first.

Sentai streams nearly all their stuff, except for a few older shows that CR had all digital rights to. They stream on The Anime Network, YouTube, Hulu, and have several shows on Netflix, iTunes, PSN, etc. TAN has pretty much everything, while the others only get certain content.
SafetyGirl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:35 pm Reply with quote
I'm kinda glad I skipped ACEN this year, this Shinsengumi fangirl would have lost it with both Hakuoki AND Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto being announced at the same time.

I really hope they have the OAVs and 3rd season as well of Hakuoki. Even if the OAVs aren't terribly essential. 3rd season will be great because that's part of the story that's not covered in the game Aksys licensed.
Ryan227

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:41 pm Reply with quote
It's funny because I was recently watching BKI and thinking about how sad it was that I'd never be able to watch it in better quality. Now it's licensed, I can hardly believe it.
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:48 pm Reply with quote
NO NO NO!!!!!!! HYOUKA!!!!!!!!!! STOP WASTING TIME OR NIS WILL GET IT!!!! Also no Blu-ray for Hakuōki?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
poonk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:59 pm Reply with quote
SafetyGirl wrote:
I really hope they have the OAVs and 3rd season as well of Hakuoki. Even if the OAVs aren't terribly essential. 3rd season will be great because that's part of the story that's not covered in the game Aksys licensed.

Well, going from this...
The article wrote:
Sentai Filmworks told ANN that it will release "all of Hakuōki that is out right now." The Hakuōki anime franchise includes the 12-episode Hakuōki series, the 10-episode sequel series Hakuōki Hekketsu-roku, and the 6-episode Hakuōki Sekkaroku OVA series (the sixth episode will ship this June). The franchise also includes an upcoming prequel television anime series that will premiere this summer and two upcoming films that will premiere in 2013.
...I'd say that this includes the OAVs but not the upcoming 3rd season & films, as those aren't "out right now." Though I can't imagine they would license all that Hakuouki and then not go back and pick up the rest; they probably just can't license something that's not been made yet.

Anyway, can I assume you did watch the anime? Did it pick up after the first few eps, or is it "what you see is what you get" from beginning to end?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:15 pm Reply with quote
This seems to be the way the anime industry is working right now:

Sentai gets all the new stuff

Discotek gets all the old stuff

FUNimation gets all the big 'n popular stuff

Aniplex gets all the expensive stuff

Viz gets Naruto and Bleach
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6